World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished seaford last night with Ray and Mattie. Arrived at 19.00 to find a calm weed free sea with no other anglers in sight. Double shots of whiting from the off. The fish were tugging at the lug before you could get the rod in the rest after casting. Switching to mackerel slowed the bites down and varied the species. A couple of plate sized thornbacks, several pouting and a solitary dab made up the species for the evening. By 22.30 we had exhausted the bait and ourselves. Most of the whiting in the 20-26cm range. One real beauty of 41cm will be on my dinner plate tonight.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Sounds hectic... If only all whiting were 40cm + they would be more popular than cod!! :)
In truth they probably are more popular than cod in East Sussex. Simply by bods on the beach I'd say the 2 most important fish for Sussex shore angling are whiting and mackeral. Taking Seaford as the example, if you took away the whiting and mackerel how many would you see fishing that beach? Less than half. Then take away the cod and I reckon you lose virtually none.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
In truth they probably are more popular than cod in East Sussex. Simply by bods on the beach I'd say the 2 most important fish for Sussex shore angling are whiting and mackeral. Taking Seaford as the example, if you took away the whiting and mackerel how many would you see fishing that beach? Less than half. Then take away the cod and I reckon you lose virtually none.
Aaaaah but you definitely see me ,simon,and not for any poxy tings

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
I'm with you Craig, I think Tings are only good for livebait!, the same as mackerel
I'm of the same vain. I'd be out soling right now if it wasnt for the wee ones.... :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts