World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
Fished Seaford Saturday from 14.00-22.00, rainy weather i was soaking wet but was worth the effort.
Caught 2x 3 lb conger eels, 2x dogfish, 1x Whiting.
I was also managed to net 20x peeler crabs which didn't peel easy and shrimp on old stinky mackerel.
Peeler crabs with squid seemed to be perfect bait.
Unfortunately lost two fish which bent my hook out and release self, didn't see what fish was it but feel very heavy reeling in.

DSC_1726.JPG DSC_1729.JPG DSC_1730.JPG DSC_1731.JPG DSC_1732.JPG

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Well done Sir. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Unlucky on the lost fish and hope you have a more productive trip next time out. Thanks for the report and Pics.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
good effort mate... bent hooks what hooks were you using? sounds like you might want to change upgrade them to slightly stronger ones, Steve

·
Registered
413 Posts
Done well, dont seem to be a lot of fish coming out along East sussex beaches at the moment, might be something to do with those so called super trawlers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good effort mate... bent hooks what hooks were you using? sounds like you might want to change upgrade them to slightly stronger ones, Steve
I'm using Aberdeens, these are fine up to 2/0 for small fish. I paid (don't laugh) £8 for 100 hooks, obviously from China.
I bought kamasans B950U 3/0 and 4/0 on Monday, paid £10 for 22 hooks but the difference is noticeable. I'm very happy with them, very strong, sharp and hard to bend. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Done well, dont seem to be a lot of fish coming out along East sussex beaches at the moment, might be something to do with those so called super trawlers.
I saw 3 or 4 trawlers around 300 yards from the shore at the night I was fishing.
These were small commercials, it means a fish are still there. You just have to be at the right time and place. I'm hoping for Cod or bass next time. Thursday night looking good, 5mph Northern wind.
Tight lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts