World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a leisurely drive around a busy M25, a slow M23, getting stuck behind a sun worshiping fossil doing 40mph on the A27 we finally arrived at a new look Seaford beach around lunchtime bursting for a pee. With myself, Ellie and the dog emptied we parked up near the small ice cream kiosk and began to set up.

Chose to fish with 2 rods between us and take turns on bites. One rod, a nice light zippy, with a team of size 1 circles, baited with rag, lug and frozen blacks all tipped with long thin strips of squid. And the other rod, a heavier beast, rotated with a 4/0 pennel pulley dropdown and a 5/0 single up and over long flowing trace thing. Baits on this consisting of sandeel, bluey, peeler, blacks and squid. Big baits from the off.

Both rods were cast clear of the mucky water at around 70m but this line soon moved beyond casting range as the wind eased. Both rods rattling from the off. And a procession of micro tings coming to the scratching rod, all caught on rag, nothing on blacks or lug. But all bait was being stripped and the odd snood coming back minus hook. Crabs, Grrrrr.

A good pull down and slack liner on the very large sandeel and bluey rap had me momentarily excited but connected to nothing so left it out there for a while longer praying for the culprit to return. But after observing a pack of grebes working the area I wondered if it was one of these that had managed to find the bait.

As the day wore on and the sun dipped the bites all began to come on the sticky black, more tings, pout, slugs and dogs. Bites dried up on the rag.

Totals for the day were around 15 micro tings, a few pouting, a solitary slug and a dog. Biggest coming to my good lady, Ellie, who was delighted and loved the way it closed it's eyes when the headlamp was shined upon it. No signs of anything flat for us, but Neville, fishing a little further East had a couple of flounder. Good to meet you.

A most enjoyable session, it's been a while since we got out due to my cancer treatment. Can't wait to get out again.

Singy

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
High Singh, thanks for the report, you haven't faired much better or worse than others fishing seaford at the moment. Hope the treatment is going well.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Treatment is all finished now. Just the aftermath of radiation treatment and no signs of any superpowers yet. :-D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I bet you enjoyed the session any-way mate. And you had a few fish.
As said at the moment you had most of what Seaford is offering, things should improve in the next month.
Any day fishing is'nt a day wasted.

All the best
Tony

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Hi Singy
Well done mate and thanks for the live text updates throughout the day. Great you got out and feeling better. A Seaford mixed bag, about par for the time of year although the scarcity of flat anything is a tad perplexing.
Regards
Stevo T

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Hey singy :wave:

Wow, that's a trip and a half to have a dangle.....do you drive all the way back after the session too ? Either way, kudos to you mate ! When you can hear the surf on a good day from your back garden, it's easy to forget not everyone is as close to the beach.....epic :notworthy

Thanks for the catch report and good to hear you got into a few 'bits'.....nice one :fishing:

We like fishing the 'kiosk' area too :fishing1:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, we can do the run to Seaford in about an hour 40 in good traffic. And yeah, we usually just head home after the session. Though occasionally we make a weekend of it and find a B&B. Gotta be done :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts