World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
South Coast members Lawrie, Ian (Fishballs) and myself fished the low-tide at Seaford using 'lucky lugworms', 4 day old wrapped blacks and frozen black-lug 'specials'. Daylight hours as the tide was dropping was very slow. Ian was first to catch and had a nice Gurnard as the light was beginning to fade followed by Lawrie with a slightly unusual species for seaford a Dragonet. As darkness proper started i did manage to catch a Scad about 10m from the shingle as i was winding in.

Once we got to the bottom of the low tide and the first of the flood began we started to catch a few more fish. There were a couple of small Thornback Ray and a couple of micro Pout to get things going and then it was Whiting every chuck until we packed up. I even managed a rare feat of getting 3 fish on two hooks. I get the feeling there must be shed loads of Whiting about. I hope over the next couple of months, as we turn our thoughts to Codling, that the Whiting don't come rushing in after every blow.

The session was spoiled a little when a guy came along putting pegs out for a club match. At the time only Lawrie and myself were on the beach and i couldn't believe it when he put one of the pegs right in-between myself and Lawrie. We were no more than 15 paces away from each other ! As an ex. match angler myself, i thought it was very disrespectful to peg straight over the top of us as if we weren't there. Once the guy had got to the end of his pegging i called him over to where we were fishing and pointed out to him what he had just done. To his credit he did remove the offending peg from between Lawrie and myself although he did do it in a manner like he was doing us a favour !

Other than that Lawrie and Ian got to meet each other for the first time, which was good and we got into a few fish, eventually. We'll sort out another get together soon fellas.....happy days !

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
South Coast members Lawrie, Ian (Fishballs) and myself fished the low-tide at Seaford using 'lucky lugworms', 4 day old wrapped blacks and frozen black-lug 'specials'. Daylight hours as the tide was dropping was very slow. Ian was first to catch and had a nice Gurnard as the light was beginning to fade followed by Lawrie with a slightly unusual species for seaford a Dragonet. As darkness proper started i did manage to catch a Scad about 10m from the shingle as i was winding in.

Once we got to the bottom of the low tide and the first of the flood began we started to catch a few more fish. There were a couple of small Thornback Ray and a couple of micro Pout to get things going and then it was Whiting every chuck until we packed up. I even managed a rare feat of getting 3 fish on two hooks. I get the feeling there must be shed loads of Whiting about. I hope over the next couple of months, as we turn our thoughts to Codling, that the Whiting don't come rushing in after every blow.

The session was spoiled a little when a guy came along putting pegs out for a club match. At the time only Lawrie and myself were on the beach and i couldn't believe it when he put one of the pegs right in-between myself and Lawrie. We were no more than 15 paces away from each other ! As an ex. match angler myself, i thought it was very disrespectful to peg straight over the top of us as if we weren't there. Once the guy had got to the end of his pegging i called him over to where we were fishing and pointed out to him what he had just done. To his credit he did remove the offending peg from between Lawrie and myself although he did do it in a manner like he was doing us a favour !

Other than that Lawrie and Ian got to meet each other for the first time, which was good and we got into a few fish, eventually. We'll sort out another get together soon fellas.....happy days !
There's some really selfish people about...

Why you could not just move and get out of the way i have no idea :lmao:

Good work Blee

:fishing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts