World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Seaford tonight lack-of-catch report

375 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Honeymonster 505 
#1 ·
Fished seaford this evening from 6:30 until 10:30 with my wife & father-in-law, used squid, peelers & fresh lug for bait.

The sea was very calm (almost too calm really).

A few tiny bites but none hooked, one big sudden bite to a whole squid which amounted to nothing. When I reeled in to check my bait, my nicely presented squid had almost been torn in half.

All in all another enjoyable evening, despite another blank for marttheman.

#2 ·
Another family outing with my father and son tagging along, nearly went there tonight but chose Normans Bay and bagged 2 pout 1 of which was so small that if used as livebait I think any respectable sized fish would not have wanted it for an appetiser. Better luck next time!

#3 ·
Another family outing with my father and son tagging along, nearly went there tonight but chose Normans Bay and bagged 2 pout 1 of which was so small that if used as livebait I think any respectable sized fish would not have wanted it for an appetiser. Better luck next time!
I had one of those at the Marina a few weeks back, it was almost embarassing landing it & unhooking it. I would have settled for anything last night!

Being the optimist, my glass is always in need of topping up, so as you quite rightly say, better luck next time!

tight lines for all!

#4 ·
You will probably see a few more blanks this weekend with the tides (hopefully not me for tonight though).

Blanks are soon forgot when you have a decent session.

Andy

#6 ·
I won't say I'm happy with blanks, but I'm just as content to learn as much as I can & to be by the sea. For me it's 40% about the catch, 60% about being out there & doing it.
You can not go wrong with an attitude like that.

I know some of the marks i fish it is amazing how luck we are having this coast line on our doorstep.

Andy

#7 ·
I won't say I'm happy with blanks, but I'm just as content to learn as much as I can & to be by the sea. For me it's 40% about the catch, 60% about being out there & doing it.
I said the same,:laugh: enjoying myself greatly but it's slowly becoming 20/80% split.:roll1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.