World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give Seaford or Brighton Marina a go afternoon/evening/night will probably try Buckle end at Seaford unless anyone else can give me any other ideas.
If going to the Marina though, never been fishing there, would someone be so kind as to confirm as to whether the West arm is the shorter one facing the pier and do you have to pay and how much.
Probably silly questions but don't want to be unprepared. Want to give my chelsea boy a chance of catching, can't have the spurs crew getting all the headlines, it hurts! He is getting a little disillusioned:wah:
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Dave

You do have to pay for the both arms (collected by wardens), i think it is about three pounds a rod or around that.

The parking is free in the multi story car park.

If you are fishing Seaford you would probably be better fishing tide mills end.

Good luck and look forward to seeing a nice report.

Andy

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave

You do have to pay for the both arms (collected by wardens), i think it is about three pounds a rod or around that.

The parking is free in the multi story car park.

If you are fishing Seaford you would probably be better fishing tide mills end.

Good luck and look forward to seeing a nice report.

Andy
Thanks Andy,
Mobility a small prob at the mo so east arm and tidemils could be problem, and have been warned about the car park.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
I may try Tidemills this afternoon/evening.

Can anybody tell me how to get there and is there safe parking nearby.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may try Tidemills this afternoon/evening.

Can anybody tell me how to get there and is there safe parking nearby.
Parking i've been told can be a problem, others more experienced may tell you different.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
you can either park at the sewage works railway rd newhaven or buckle car park and walk back from there

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If you're going to fish Tidemills end, I would park down by the sewage works at the end of Railway Road as TC says. Once parked, go through the hedge by the concrete railway bridge, over the bridge and follow the path. This will go over another small bridge which goes over a small creek. Follow the path around the outside of the industrial area and walk over to the beach.

There is another car parking area accessed by a track which leads off of the main A259 between Newhaven and Seaford. Drive down this track and park in the area just before the railway level crossing gates. Walk across the level crossing and follow the path through the old ruined village and onto the beach. If you're going to be fishing into darkness, be warned, as there have been reports of damage to and theft from cars parked there at night. Personally, I wouldn't risk it if I knew I was going to fishing into darkness.

If you're fishing by the Buckle, there is a car park there which if memory serves me correct is free.

The Eastern end of Seaford has free on street parking which has the added advantage of being just a short hop onto the beach.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
ok raiway rd is the rd next to the train station at newhaven just follow the rd right to the end where you will see the sewage works,just park up go over the bridge you will see it and follow the pathway across the creek bridge and round to the beach.

the buckle carpark is on the seafront at seaford near the yacht club

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any luck Honey monster?

Fished for few hours last night past the caravan park towards tidemills. Few Mackeral before 9 was all. (Would have had more if feathers weren't all tied up.) 1 joey was sent out on his merry way to find me a big bass :fish:but apparently he didn't seem to be very tasty so was pulled in and released:bye1:.

A couple of lads nearer the buckle had a rockling and a weaver fish.

Prob head down to tidemills tonight

·
Registered
953 Posts
Lol that was me!! Sorry if I was a bit off I had just run over a brand new google phone ha. gutted mate. Had nothing else last night was a weak effort.

Today however is my birthday however so im going to spend my money on fishing gear and have a drunkard fish this evening. Wish me luck for a monster of some description!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any luck Honey monster?

Fished for few hours last night past the caravan park towards tidemills. Few Mackeral before 9 was all. (Would have had more if feathers weren't all tied up.) 1 joey was sent out on his merry way to find me a big bass :fish:but apparently he didn't seem to be very tasty so was pulled in and released:bye1:.

Prob head down to tidemills tonight
Went to the marina in the end, 1 x crab, 1 x bream for the littleun

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice one Wurge, you didnt manage to catch the tyre that was working its way up the beach then?

Hope you have better luck tonight, im going to have another crack probably tide mills or the buckle again and try to avoid rockling and find bass!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts