World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Seagoo, opinions please

Tags
seagoo
4K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Darren Maudling 
#1 ·
Bought some Seagoo to try, hoping it may attract a few more fish seeing as we are coming into the quiet period, so what are the opinions of anglers who have already used it ? Effective or indifferent ? worthwhile addition to the armoury ? has it increased catches etc, interested in others experience with it. I have got four different flavours to try, is there a particular favoured flavour ?, TIA , Tim

#5 ·
Did you spray the wotsits with wd40????

#9 ·
Walk the length of a big open
Unfortunately an 'open' where I live would leave me with about 200 miles plus to walk ! all opens here are rovers that cover/fish anywhere in the county, all fish brought back to the scales at weigh in. I haven't seen it being used on my local heavily fished beach, that's not to say it isn't being used, as each angler tends to keep apart unless we are known to each other., but I can see where you are coming from Booster, it's beginning to look like that it's made to attract anglers !!

#10 · (Edited)
Here is my take on additives.

No fish in your vicinity and you are using additives on the bait = no fish.
Fish in the vicinity and you are using addives on the bait and you catch = Additives are great!
Fish are in the vicinity and you have no additives on the bait and you catch = Yippee!

So what does that tell you?

Not a lot. :happy:

Even if you got smart and fished with two baits. One with bait + additive and on just bait alone and you catch.

It still doesn't tell you if the additive was the part of the bait that attracted the fish does it?

Even if the guy beside you is fishing bait and your fishing bait + additive and you both catch. It still means that the jury is out on their effectiveness.

Even if your Granny and your half brother fished and one used.....I could go on........:confused:

#12 ·
Lol. You got mugged off buying "snake oil"
Only people who believe in that crap are the numpty youtubers who are getting it for free and them showing you how to catch whiting after whiting as they think its helping them.
All its helping is the person selling it. Sad thing is people who dont know better and believe they are watching superstars of fishing because they make crap videos and post them on youtube are falling for it:roflpuke:

#13 ·
2 angler's 5hrs fishing 2 deadbait rods each +1 lure rod each
Same swim Fished 4 deadbaits out at a time various deadbaits and coloured dyes used , different methods tried (popped up baits, baits hard on bottom, drifted baits at various depths No attracters added also lures chucked around area now and then fish caught ZERO.
Old boy fishing mentioned wd40 and actually had a can on him, I gave it ago sprayed it on a fresh deadbait and deep inside, bait pierced several times then recast within 4 feet of where it had been sat for the last 1.5hrs 15 minutes later double figure pike in the net so was it the wd40 that made the difference?
Will never know maybe pike moved to area while I rebaited or was there all along but hadn't moved conserving energy due to extremely cold temperatures and last cast landed on his head so no energy expenditure no other fish caught, million reasons why but will never know which one, carp fishing though you can conclude which bait there switched on to quite easily,
If it doesn'tup the catch rate but gives you confidence whilst fishing then that is only a good thing as you will fish better harder be more focused.

#20 ·
I used to boat fish a lot and I've never used bait from a boat ever, just a home made jigger which has worked great both inshore and offshore around the rigs when I was a rescue FRC coxswain, my back to back relief using my gear pulled a seven foot Ling from the sea bed, it wasn't weighed but I did see the photograph of him holding it above head height with the tail covering two foot of deck back in 96.

#18 ·
I was on a boat last summer and took bluey , fresh lug and squid to catch some cod .

Their was a lady and her husband fishing next to me and the man was Using prawns marinated in strawberry jam and the lady was using jelly babies .... ( yes I said jelly babies ).

Guess what they cot cod after cod .

I only got 2 .

It was then I packed my gear up and went and had a Blether with the boat owner and said f..... this for a laugh...

It was nearly me quitting fishing altogether. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#21 ·
As far as I’m concerned any bait additives belong in the Carp section of the tackle shop lol

All joking aside I’d rather put my time, effort, and money into getting quality bait rather than looking for an additive.

I see some videos of people using fresh worm or crab baits and covering the bait in seagoo… Pointless in my opinion.

Each to their own though I suppose.

#26 ·
The only thing I do is groundbait. Both on the beach when close in and boat.
But more particularly out in my boat. Does it work? Most definitely. 100% proven
BUT it costs and there are downsides to it.
I have had an anchor or two drag out because the bag got into the tide. If there are dogs about they are first in.
Catch wise. I reckon on improving catches 33-50%

#28 ·
Having carp and course fished the past few years the Goo hit the scene and was seen as the new big thing
Then a lot of commercial fisheries banned it due to its ingredients and the harm it could cause to both the water and the stock
That said the sea with its salt and tides/currents would simply wash it away from the bait probably even before it hit the sea bed
Just my opinion but another gimmick designed ti catch the angler - not the fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.