World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first days fishing of the year:clap2: set of to were a wos going about 2pm got there and got set up....got the first bait in to the water.....set up the next trace and got lay back on the rockes just the way a like it....things were a little slow for half an hour so a went for a little walk it wos only about 10 yards away well the next thing a new a looked round an the [email protected] seagulls were eating all my bait(sandeels...mackie....and sqid)so that wos my first days fishing down the drain good start to the year:doh: :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Definatly rodents with wings
Neal
The skink

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Had a gull swallow & nearly choke on a pollock of about 2lbs once - bugger could hardly take off and still had the tail sticking out of its beak.

Chuck a nice chunk of bread with 2 alker seltzer in lol

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Got to feel a bit sorry for the sea birds, man has taken away their food supply, and now they have to scavage in the scaffy dumps. At sea I love to see the gannets, and watch them dive. Where I usually fish there are hundreds of gull that nest there, yet this year they have gone, the whole lot just vanished, do they know something that we dont?

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
theres a pair nesting on the wall right above my crab traps. they give me greif every time i go down. once they have young i spend most of my time dodging there crap and they are a good aim.
it looks like there might be 2 pairs starting this year.:blink:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Aye the gulls can be a real pain sometimes , had a few caught up in my line before and they cant half give you a sore bite. Was freeing a guillemot once, and it near took my hand off with several pecks. Had a tip ring bust as well up at windyhills mark with the swooping gulls, thought i had a cracking bite. lol...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kt15 a wos round near dunure mt.....there were a couple of lads at the dunure castle not sure if thay were getting any thing....:idea: :idea: :idea:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

I've got a pet herring gull called Bob.. well he bobs about on the water a lot so it seemed fitting :)

It has a BTO ring on his right leg and has been visiting the boat for 6 years now, it will land on the cab/ transom or handrails and sit there all day making sure no other gull comes near :)

It's that bad you can even hand feed him.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
davy at least ur pet gull waits to get fed not like that thiefing get a had no harm to the seagull but if a had got the thing a would of rung it neck :ahhh: :ahhh: jokeing the bird wos only getting is dinner...:) :) :)

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
davy at least ur pet gull waits to get fed not like that thiefing get a had no harm to the seagull but if a had got the thing a would of rung it neck :ahhh: :ahhh: jokeing the bird wos only getting is dinner...:) :) :)
Nah... he would have anything that's going given half a chance, if I turn my back for 2 seconds he is in the bait box helping himself. We have to make sure there are no baited hooks lying about on the boat at all times when he is about :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
i was shore fishing on coll a few years ago and stayed in a wee b&b , the woman who ran the place was ouside in the morning and emptied some leftovers from breakfast on the ground and then climbed to the top of the garden and shouted (ARTHUR, ARTHUR, ARTHUR) a few times , i thaught she was looking for her husband or something , a few minuits later a seagull landed next to her (arthur), it was out at sea and heard her calling , she said rescued it when it was a chick and she had been feeding it the scraps every day for years .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts