World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

was just wondering which pier it is in seaham you dont have to be a member to fish?
and dose anyone know how its fishing?
and dose it hav a wall/railing around it (ie is it "safe" for kids)

thanx

·
Registered
164 Posts
that will be the south pier but unfortunatly its out of bounds for the public, dont get me wrong theres still people get on, including myself but i wouldnt be takin the kids on.

if your looking for an easy spot with the kids why not try the hall beach in darkness or the spilles, the spilles is the start of the north pier just before the locked pier gate

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the reply mate

may give the north pier a stab then.

how far along is the gate?
and is the pier walled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
the spiles is walled , and is the carpark for the north pier, north pier is club controlled and is locked, pier is not walled or fenced.
the spiles is mixed ground, sand rock kelp ect some tackle loss , but can chuck up a good fish or two.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok
thanx mate

will give it a whirl. hopfuly it wont be packed

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i fished the spiles from 3 till 8.30 just to give it a try
bait used was rag and macky on two hook flapper rigs.
caught a monster of a coalfish, must have been at least 5" long.
:p
final score was 3 tiny coalies for me, 1 for my son, 1 for my mate and 1 for his daughter....all bait size
tryed day glowing it but not a sniff

was about 24 people fishing the pier and only 3 fish caught that i know of.
nice day out, kids were happy and got me in the mood for winter.... thinks ill do well off there

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seemed like it was a "bad" day for everyone mate, at least we got something i suppose. water was gin clear, cant belive the lack of mack about.

4 people were parking down by the pier, how did they get down there because its barred off i thought?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
seemed like it was a "bad" day for everyone mate, at least we got something i suppose. water was gin clear, cant belive the lack of mack about.

4 people were parking down by the pier, how did they get down there because its barred off i thought?
They would be disabled members with passes..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts