World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Having always fished with Daiwa rods, first with a Surfcast and then with the AWT, I&#39;m inevitably drawn towards the Tournament X. With a price tag of €600 or there abouts, I&#39;d like to first consider any worthy contender&#39;s or get anyone&#39;s opinion on suitable alternatives. You read endlessly about Conoflex, Zziplex, Century, Grey&#39;s, Penn etc etc. but unless you can get down to a beach and try it, you&#39;re taking a gamble.

I&#39;m only considering high-end match rods so if anyone has any advice then I&#39;d be very greatful.

Thanks.</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi there,

I have a TNXS 130M and if you like the AWT then I think you will like this rod as well.
I would shop around, you can get quite a bit of discount on a high end rod like this, I paid £280 for mine as against the UK RRP of £400.
They are not cheap but if you look after it and barring accidents then it last you for a good few years.</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>at the moment im on centurys....

carbon metel express&#39;s, tip tornado sports

all great rods

mack</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Sea Angler magazine promises a new format for rod testing. Says the manufacturers might not like it.May help you in future rod puchasing decisions.Something I&#39;ve been banging on about for years.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts