World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Seat box 100% pain in the @ss sometimes ie digging in you're back but it's a seat to sit on saving you from getting a wet @ss lol, plus you can fit everything you need in there,

Hope this helps chap
You can pick them up cheap aswell

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
You can't sit on a rucksack.

OTOH I have carried my box (with Breakaway back rest) the three miles there and three miles back across the shingle to the aerials at Aldebrough. A couple of jumpers wrapped around the waist to stop it digging in to the old love handles and it was fine. Box or bag? to me it is a no-brainer

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
It can be easier rock hopping with a rucksack. But its nice to have a proper seat, and you wont get as many rips and tears in your floatie!. Personally I have both, I select the appropriate one for the venue, and if a long walk is needed, or if i'm on big rocks it goes into a rucksack. If not seatbox. Oh and you can sit on a rucksack if you;ve not got breakables or jaggy bits

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seat box all the way mate, I tried fishing with a rucksack but all the gear gets wet & space is always limited, seat boxes offer better protection to all your gear & you can sit on it, you can't sit on a rucksack ;-)

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Have used both seat box and rucsack.Get a rucsack frame from car boot sale,bolt on to seat box,fit 22mm lagging to bottom spar of frame,you now have the best of both worlds.It wont stick in your back and you can waik for miles.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I just last week bought a copy of the grandeslam seat box from fishing mad for £22, used it sat for 1st time, had all my gear in it and 2 reels,drink,tackle and had a fair walk down (and up) shear cliff to get to mark and had no trouble with it at all! And had a seat when I got there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Both are required in my opinion. Box for accessible locations such as short walks to beaches, piers and rivers.
British army Bergan for long walks, or down cliffs and over rocks. In 13 years in the army am yet to see one break. With regard to everything getting wet, one large cannoe bag inside main compartment, and everything will remain dry inside. You could even submerge it in the sea and would not get your kit wet.

·
Registered
546 Posts
rucksack for me always

i wouldnt get my gear packed the way i like it in a box..

i like organised easy access, a place for everything and everything in its place

taking everything out or having to rummage around to find what i want dosnt appeal to me at all.

and as for sitting down its hardly worth the effort in between casting, baiting up and landing fish.

Reactions: richierich

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
rucksack for me always

i wouldnt get my gear packed the way i like it in a box..

i like organised easy access, a place for everything and everything in its place

taking everything out or having to rummage around to find what i want dosnt appeal to me at all.

and as for sitting down its hardly worth the effort in between casting, baiting up and landing fish.
You should organise yourself properly then !

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can't sit on a rucksack.

OTOH I have carried my box (with Breakaway back rest) the three miles there and three miles back across the shingle to the aerials at Aldebrough. A couple of jumpers wrapped around the waist to stop it digging in to the old love handles and it was fine. Box or bag? to me it is a no-brainer
Breakaway now make a thick cushion for the bottom pad rest, held on by velcro for that reason. They have got them in Angling Mad. It also pushes the box out from your back at the bottom so it sits better, and feels very comfortable!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.