World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
i am trying without success to find a supplier of the sort of moulded seat locker you see on the attached pick,i would be very gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction.
thanks in advance
PB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you are at all handy with tools, consider making one out of marine ply. An 8ft X 4ft sheet of half inch ply, stainless fixings and marine glue would cost a fraction of a grp seat box, and the carpentry is dead simple. Finish it with two or three coats of white epoxy paint and it will look like new GRP.

Afishionado

T

·
0 Posts
AF has the most fun answer, but richstrat has pointed you to the best "off the shelf" supplier if consols, seas, boxes etc anywhere out there.

What boat is it? It looks like a Warrior? Why don't you simply ask the manufacturer for a matching one?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Tom its not my boat its just a pic I took off the web it's an Alaska 500.
Rich I looked at the site and quite fancied the DL1 until I looked at the price £493.50.:thumbdown
I thing AF is my kind of man when it comes to carpentry and it is quite simple;)
Thanks for the help.
PB

·
Registered
188 Posts
I make 2 types for hard boats, 1st is 16" high and the 2nd is 19" high with ply bonded into the top for reinforcement. Both fitted with plastic hatch. £95
You don't do livewells do you? around about the same size as that locker?!:)
That's a good price for a nice looking locker.:clap3:

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I use a 60ltr barrel which is about 13+ gallons, much more weight on a 16ft boat may well give you stability problems let alone all that water if it falls over! :uhuh:

The bigger the live bait tank the bigger the pump you need, I use a Rule 360 to pump into the tank and have an overflow out of the transom via skin fittings.

I would suggest you make it removable to allow for cleaning and allowing more space on the boat when not used during certain times of the year.

Most charter boats use a similar arrangement.

Dave
:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi PB,
I did this drawing for someone else that wanted to make some seats for a fastliner, I made these for my last boat, they held far more than the bins on my 165, easier to access, drier and comfy to. Might be an idea for you.
Sean,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts