World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new species for me. Been a while since I clocked up a new species and strangely I thought I was only really doing a bit of doggy bashing.

Had some frozen sandeel and mackeral so decided I would give it a flick to see if I could shake of the hangover. Weather was a bit wet but not cold. As I arrived I saw a man with a flattie but when he passed me to go to his car he told me that he didn't know what it was but it was a definate turbot shape. An hour later I was reeling one in. Never seen them come of this beach before.

I also caught a pouting and of course a dogfish. Pesky pouts where stripping the hooks. They seem to plague this beach along with the dogs.

Never mind, new species so well chuffed!!!

Tight lines
Deano

·
Registered
866 Posts
A new species for me. Been a while since I clocked up a new species and strangely I thought I was only really doing a bit of doggy bashing.

Had some frozen sandeel and mackeral so decided I would give it a flick to see if I could shake of the hangover. Weather was a bit wet but not cold. As I arrived I saw a man with a flattie but when he passed me to go to his car he told me that he didn't know what it was but it was a definate turbot shape. An hour later I was reeling one in. Never seen them come of this beach before.

I also caught a pouting and of course a dogfish. Pesky pouts where stripping the hooks. They seem to plague this beach along with the dogs.

Never mind, new species so well chuffed!!!

Tight lines
Deano
well done:clap3:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turbot was only a pound. Have had a lot of trouble with spider crabs around Seaton lately. I landed one which was a beauty but wasn't too sure on how to cook etc so put it back. They have nipped through several of my snoods though which is very annoying.

Good to hear of a few bass showing, still aint had one this year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't put it in Boiling water! Because their legs fall off due to the shock.

Put it in cold sea water (or cold water with loads of salt) and bring it up to the boil. Once boiling cook for 20 mins then eat. They are very fiddly to get good bits of meat out - the hens especially.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The turbot was only a pound. Have had a lot of trouble with spider crabs around Seaton lately. I landed one which was a beauty but wasn't too sure on how to cook etc so put it back. They have nipped through several of my snoods though which is very annoying.

Good to hear of a few bass showing, still aint had one this year.
plenty of recipes on the net,cooked one a few weeks back quite nice but it didnt half stink her fridge out,major ear bashing

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a lot of effort for very little result. May give them a miss. Off to whitsand now to see if there are any bass willing to take one of my spinners.

Thats a point, bought a saltwater chug bug popper to see what they are like. Any one had any luck on them, they look good in the water but only tried it out once with no luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I fancy having a bash for Bass on spinner, but as I'm a coarse angler, I haven't got a clue, what sort of tackle (inc rod length etc) would you advise, whereabouts whould I fish and what else is it possible to catch spinning?????

cheers

manick

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes well done. Am I to assume there is a Seaton Beach in Cornwall? As I was about to go Turbot fishing in South Devon!
Did not want to go down and tell um all about the Turbot being caught here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts