World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Coming to isle of wight with my mum,dad and granny to put my grampas ashes in the family plot and dad says we can mabye take some tackle with us.Depending how we travel if its car we'll hvae all of our tackle but if its train to the ferry then all we'll have is 2 telescopic light ledger /spinning rods.
1)Where is the most productive mark for the easter holidays?
2)If any,what bait is the best?
3)What could i catch at this time of year form the shore on light tackle?
4)What species could i catch on lures?
5)And what lures would be best?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated :D
Michael :D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mickey,
Easter time from the shore at Seaview (due to the warmer winter down here
and if it doesn't turn cold as it did last year) could put you in with a chance for Plaice or Bass, both easily took on spinning rods.

I would quess that you would be more interested in the Bass fishing from the front of Seaview so I suggest that you could spin from the outcrop of rock halfway along the concrete revetment to the right of the Pub and when the tide is fully up try bottom fishing on the revetment from the outcrop to the deadend (stonewall,steps down to the beach) if the bass are in expect schoolies up to 4 or 5 pound.

Baitwise you can collect Knucklefish from the shore or buy Kingrag or Squid from Sandown or Ryde.

Anywhere along the Seaview front from right to Priory Bay to left to Puckpool can produce fish. The Halland Point at the end of Pier Rd can produce fish and if you use the carpark opposite the Post Office then its only a short walk to either the Halland or the Revetment.

Or you could just say sod Seaview and get yourself down Blackgang Beach??
john

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out that we're taking the car so can take any type of tackle.
We're self catering in seaview and will only be afew minutes from the sea so will probably just try spinning and a bit of beachcasting?
Running ledgers baited with Rag?
Knucklefish?Is that a local word ??sorry ive never heard of them before.
Mtm

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheerz so ive figured out that this will be the set up between me and my dad.
2 beachcasters-For rigs i was thinking running ledgers?
Possibly if conditions are right,while we wait on bites have a spin with some lures.
Bait-King Rag,Anything else we can find and Lazy Lug/Lazy Rag?
I will be targeting plaice or flounder and any coaly that might ocme along?If im lucky a bass?
Mtm

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Cheerz so ive figured out that this will be the set up between me and my dad.
2 beachcasters-For rigs i was thinking running ledgers?
Possibly if conditions are right,while we wait on bites have a spin with some lures.
Bait-King Rag,Anything else we can find and Lazy Lug/Lazy Rag?
I will be targeting plaice or flounder and any coaly that might ocme along?If im lucky a bass?
Mtm
forget the lazy lug or rag,back of the wight for some rays also congers are making an apperance as well

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
"Coaly" ???????????????????? this is the Isle of Wight Mtm so no chance, but every chance of Bass if the surf is up and they are in.

See you are in Fife, my oldest son lives in Newport and works in St Andrews.

john

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I dont really know the seaveiw area, but if you can travel, get to any south facing beach (at night) and luz out a big mackerel/squid/sandeel bait and just try your luck on a chance of bass/ray/eel or a slim chance of a turbot.
If you use 2 rods, bait the other with some good rag/lug to keep yourself busy while you wait for the biggun!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right so no coaly.I'll forget the Lazybaits and just get soem form the tackle shop in Ryde.
I can't really travel so i will just be trying for bass on the beaches at seaview.
What rigs should i use and what bait :D??
And flounder,plaice,dab??Are they present at this time of year ??
Mtm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts