World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that I would have a quick session afterwork today, and to see if you mainlanders (eastney lot) had been blowing some of your plaice over to the Island.

Beautiful evening but a bit chilly in the shade.

Hour and a half before the top had a touch, nice slackliner, pulled into it, bloody hell!
A "Golden Mullet" of about pound and a half on a short rolling leger, 2.0 Aberdeen baited with farmrag.

Only bite of the sesh but well pleased

Should be a phone photo below??

john

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice one lightyiow, thats a lovely looking fish... like you I've wondered if there is an equivalent mark over here... I think that the mussels are the key to the plaice being there, perhaps a good crop of mussels (with it being mild) has resulted in a good Spring run of plaice, albeit see-thru jobbies... I'll wait 'til the fat-boys are in at Ventnor.:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers m8,
There are one or two mussel beds over this (rydeish) way but not too big,and the plaice are a bit spasmodic on them, but I am going to try them over the next few weeks anyway.
Also going to give Blackg a try sat daytime to see if there is any about, if not I'll walk back to Chale to try for a early Painted.
Yep, do understand what you mean about the fatboys!

cheerzz
john

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice looking mullet that m8 the rivers must be starting to fill up soon nice and early thats what we like.
Great signs this could be a summer to remember.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers lads.
ere daznew might have only been small plaice, but its great news to hear that they are moving inshore. Summers coming!

john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts