World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my beloved down there Friday night,we started fishing around 1930.My "better"half got snagged up three times in rapid succesion and managed to lose three sets of gear before it got dark,I still havnt worked out what on but she announced she was cold and p*****d off and taking the car up to the local and would come back and collect me at 22.30..........I,m armed with Carp Rod and Shimano Bait Runner which I hold all the time coz its light and puts me in instant contact with the fish,as it got dark had my first bite,instant hook up and a nice schoolie of almost filleting size but he was lightly hooked and went back to grow a little bigger hopefully,next cast(Im using single hook running ledger and really superb King Rag from Union Sports)another good bite and Im into a fish that is really giving a good account of itself on light gear,went bonkers in the surf,Im thinking,mmm,thats a Bass for the frying pan,turned out to be a Flounder,1lb 8oz,he was despatched and put in the bucket,I like eating them if they are from open water,next cast a cracking bite,rod just bent right round and fish on,another Bass,this one was filleting size and was instantly knocked on the head and put in the bucket to join Fred the Flounder,I missed a good bite next cast because I was gettin blaise and then the missus turns up,I said one last cast,this was around 22.30 and that resulted in another flounder of 1lb and a quarter.I top and tail my Flounder,flour,salt and pepper,fry them in butter belly side down,then put them under the grill and pour the juices over them and grill the top side which is a lot meatier,had them Sat night with New Potatoes and Peas - Yum.I seemed to have done better than Solehunter did Saturday night.

·
Registered
123 Posts
:fishing1: Good work Clive, did better than my quick plugging session down Gurnard last night. Thougt I would take my new Maria lures out for a dip over the weed and rocks down there, fished up until the sun went down but had nothing, nice spot though and a lovely evening so not to worried. Prob try again tonight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts