World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of them in general? I've been looking at the Koolie Minnow, Magic Swimmer and the Slim Stick/ Ghost Walker... Has anyone got any tried and tested experience of them? Catch reports?

Cheers BB

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
What do you think of them in general? I've been looking at the Koolie Minnow, Magic Swimmer and the Slim Stick/ Ghost Walker... Has anyone got any tried and tested experience of them? Catch reports?

Cheers BB
I Rate Sebile lures very highly expecially the soft magic swimmers very effective as a self weighted soft plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Graham! I love the look of the soft magic swimmer, how does it cast when you rig it with a few of those little black weights? Im guessing it would be similar to a sluggo in many ways? The more I use weedless lures the more I like them, they just seem to be more flexible than alot of the hard plastics... Is that herring colour the one to go for?

Also, whats the difference between the slim stick and ghost walker?

·
Registered
599 Posts
The hard magic swimmer is a great plug. The 125 version is slow sinking, and even when it hangs in the water I've had gulls dive on it and pick it up out of the water. It's very shallow running that one. The smaller 110 is the one I'm favouring at the moment, as I can get it to run just a bit deeper. It sometimes catches for me when no other plug will. Neither casts great, but no jointed plugs do.

I have a few of the others, and haven't caught fish on them (yet).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've had a few on the soft magic swimmers. The key to the lure is that its weedless. Fish it SLOOOOWWWW and let sink between twitches. Cast where the sun don't shine ;)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i was in Japan early this year and went to a fishing expo and the chap who made them was giving demos and they looked very good and very life like,where can i buy in the u.k?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input chaps, im still not to sure about the best way to rig the weights? I'll just have to get some in a few days and experiment with it when the weather breaks.

Limpetboy - You can find them from a few retails in the uk via a google search including veals and basslures. Im gona get mine from basslures.co.uk because they're selling them cheaper!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thanks for the input chaps, im still not to sure about the best way to rig the weights? I'll just have to get some in a few days and experiment with it when the weather breaks.

Limpetboy - You can find them from a few retails in the uk via a google search including veals and basslures. Im gona get mine from basslures.co.uk because they're selling them cheaper!

Cheers
BB,,,Bass lures and veals are both great areas to shop ,,,

The magic swimmer soft is a super lure ,,the weights at the front in the middle or the back are great to experiment with till it suits ,,but never the less a fantastic soft bait that works very well,,
i hear there is a half size version coming out soon should be interesting ,,,,,

Gee

·
Registered
285 Posts
Went mad and ordered four slow sinking 125mm Magic Swimmers from the US (www.cabelas.com). Also got a couple of packets of the soft Magic Swimmers (130mm). They all look great and I can't wait to try them.
But I've noticed that the two of the 125mm hard lures (colour - Blue Althea) have got slight damage to the paintwork - about 1-2 mm in size.
Not the end of the world, but its disappointing, and surprising, for such expensive products. After the lures get some use I can see the more of the paint coming off. The other two, and the soft lures, look fine.
Has one one else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
369 Posts
im not a massive fan of sebile plugs my boy bought me a couple for my birthday .one wasa popper with a massive face and the other looked like a banana with hooks ! have tried both loads this year and no joy at all even when i knew the fish were there because i caught on some of my other plugs. nothing wrong with the paintwork on them tho harries.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Went mad and ordered four slow sinking 125mm Magic Swimmers from the US (www.cabelas.com).
don't cabelas have prohibitively expensive postage rates?

I got a MS 110 FSK off ebay from the US for £12, delivered to my door this week. I find if you order one plug at a time, you slip under the customs and excise rules (gotta be under £18 including postage).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your are right. Cabelas are expensive on freight (USD64 for my last box). But so are the others. I recently received an order from Bass Pro shop, and it was the same. The choices of tackle at both, however, are very good.
This is my last order until sterling gets to about 1.80 USD.
I avoided UK import duty and Post Office costs because they were shipped to an overseas address. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts