World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just a bit of advise needed.Im fitting a second battery,I have a 110ah leisure battey doing everything at the moment but i want to have another battery just for starting the engine.which battery would i use?just a normal car battey or another leisure battery?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
get yourself another leisure battery the same as you have now and use either for the main battery and other for electrics.

you'll have to wire in a split charge set up or a battery 1-2 or both switch.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get yourself another leisure battery the same as you have now and use either for the main battery and other for electrics.

you'll have to wire in a split charge set up or a battery 1-2 or both switch.
Thanks garry,yes thats what im going to do wire up a split charge system with a switch just wasnt sure which type of battery to use

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do NOT use a 1-2-both switch. Look at the wiring diagram on my website (see sig) for a better system.
Thanks Paul im going to order the bits from the links on your page, the on off combine switch and a split charge diode,been reading up on it for while.Do u know if it will be straight foward on a honda 75 four?i have read about voltage sensed charging and having to wire in a relay to get it charging not sure if my engine will need that?
Thanks Lee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.