World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blanked again. Decided to go to putsborough and fish the low tide from about half 3. Not even a nibble. Is it something I’m doing with wrong. Gonna try crow point tomorrow I think but if there’s anyone out fishing In the surrounding areas and don’t mind me tagging along for the night then let me know please? Or any tips/advice. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,219 Posts
Blanked again. Decided to go to putsborough and fish the low tide from about half 3. Not even a nibble. Is it something I’m doing with wrong. Gonna try crow point tomorrow I think but if there’s anyone out fishing In the surrounding areas and don’t mind me tagging along for the night then let me know please? Or any tips/advice. Thanks in advance
Nothing you doing wrong, it’s part and parcel of the learning curve of Sea fishing and there be plenty more blanks on the way. I don’t know the area, so i would not know if low tide in daylight would of been a good time to start for that mark, every mark is different, season, time of tides and conditions, a lot to learn, hopefully someone will help you out, if not keep at it and a note book of your fishing, you will eventually get a picture of what happening at certain marks, no guarantee you’ll catch every time but enjoy the fishing adventure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I blanked both trips last week on my local patch.

First time out, I was out on a choppy surf beach hoping to pick up a decent bass. No bites even, but came back happy that I'd tried out some new techniques, learned some new things about the mark and my gear, and the session had gone to plan. A successful trip.

Second time out, I popped out because the rest of the lug in my fridge was on its last legs. Decent tide, coinciding with sunset, different mark. Worked my way through the worm, came home. No bites but this time I also knew that it wasn't really a successful trip. I was using the wrong bait in the wrong way in the wrong conditions really. Not targeting what was gonna be there (couple of strap congers caught just up from me), wrong rigs, it was basically a very slow method of chucking the now flagging worms into the sea. The sky was pretty and the fresh air was nice, but it wasn't really a proper trip. I could have just dumped the worms and sat on a rock for a few hours.

There are good blanks and bad blanks. If you blank and feel like you learned something and did stuff right, then it's a success. Might as well enjoy the blanks too. :)

If I take my kids, I will say "If the fish are there, we will catch them". When we blank, they just accept that the fish weren't there. I find this mentality helps me too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I blanked both trips last week on my local patch.

First time out, I was out on a choppy surf beach hoping to pick up a decent bass. No bites even, but came back happy that I'd tried out some new techniques, learned some new things about the mark and my gear, and the session had gone to plan. A successful trip.

Second time out, I popped out because the rest of the lug in my fridge was on its last legs. Decent tide, coinciding with sunset, different mark. Worked my way through the worm, came home. No bites but this time I also knew that it wasn't really a successful trip. I was using the wrong bait in the wrong way in the wrong conditions really. Not targeting what was gonna be there (couple of strap congers caught just up from me), wrong rigs, it was basically a very slow method of chucking the now flagging worms into the sea. The sky was pretty and the fresh air was nice, but it wasn't really a proper trip. I could have just dumped the worms and sat on a rock for a few hours.

There are good blanks and bad blanks. If you blank and feel like you learned something and did stuff right, then it's a success. Might as well enjoy the blanks too. :)

If I take my kids, I will say "If the fish are there, we will catch them". When we blank, they just accept that the fish weren't there. I find this mentality helps me too!
Ye I brought 70 lug down with me that I had dug back home thinking they would do the trick but Im not sure. Didn’t really learn much in this blank except the fish wasn’t hungry or they wasn’t there haha. I was looking for to this week of fishing but up to now it’s been a struggle. I’ve not even seen anyone else fish down here yet. Just hope I get something before I go on Wednesday. Thanks for replying aswell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing you doing wrong, it’s part and parcel of the learning curve of Sea fishing and there be plenty more blanks on the way. I don’t know the area, so i would not know if low tide in daylight would of been a good time to start for that mark, every mark is different, season, time of tides and conditions, a lot to learn, hopefully someone will help you out, if not keep at it and a note book of your fishing, you will eventually get a picture of what happening at certain marks, no guarantee you’ll catch every time but enjoy the fishing adventure.
Thanks
thanks for your reply! I’m hoping that I can meet someone down here and go out with them

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Unlucky mate, unfortunately blanking is part the game, when you do have a good day catching the blanks soon disappear from memory.

·
Registered
14,384 Posts
Putsborough is really a ray beach mate. Sandeel is the bait down there.
You want to be fishing around two hours either side of low. The tide you picked this morning wasn’t great, neaps don’t seem to do so well down there.
Plus it was very close to dawn, never had a fish there once the light comes up, I wouldn’t bother at all in daylight.
Ideally you want low water about midnight/1am this time of year.

How long are you here for?

·
Registered
14,384 Posts
You have another pm Lewis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts