World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazingly my wife "LET ME" go fishing again so she could go spend my money in the sales
didnt have to tell me twice, phoned surflite and headed to our "secret hot spot" at 1pm today with 20+ large peelers and box of squid.

got to our "Secret Mark" but forgot to tell the sodding smoothies, i think they must have gone to the sales too!!!! lol

the conditions were difficult casting into a westerly, southerly ?????
my sense of direction is crap lol

any how my rachet screamed once and bloody new rod was pulled off stand?? picked up rod and my line was slack, struck but nothing???
luckily rod had no marks as the grip section took the brunt of the fall

next cast didnt see any bites due to wind, wound in to change bait and felt a bit of weight and pulled in this little fella weighing 2lb
2lb schoolie.jpg
put him back after photo to grow bigger, and that was that no more
nice frustrating day but after all the wife could have been dragging my ass in and out of every bloody shop in cardiff lol

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Andy....you need a stiffer rod m8, you should see my IMAX....hardly budges...no matter how strong the wind :yeah:
Nice lil bass though :thumbs:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was thinking the same - if thats 2 lb i better check my scales:idea: LOL good effort on beating the blank though

·
Banned
204 Posts
Not another SECRET MARK !!!!!!!! no harm in saying where it is m8 , maybe the guys on here can give some tips on how to fish it seeing your results there today m8 .

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Not another SECRET MARK !!!!!!!! no harm in saying where it is m8 , maybe the guys on here can give some tips on how to fish it seeing your results there today m8 .
At least he caught though. I've mentioned before about my :secret: marks, they're often so :secret:....even the fish dont know about 'em :wallbash:

·
Banned
204 Posts
This issue about SECRET MARKS has cropped up many times drawing views from both sides of the opinion fence , i find it rather childish. This is a forum for sharing results , exchanging tips and passing on advice/information to all and any who wishes to learn & improve ,if your mark is so SECRET then keep it to yourself , pics and other information broardcast on here about them could let the cat out of the bag.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it was and i jinxed myself, commenting on your rod mishap and did the same

thought wind would hit witches and i would be sheltered??
but wind came straight at us
monknash is an awesome place, but not today lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Not wanting to cause a fuss or dampen your catch mate but that Bass looks nowhere near 2lb...more like half that I reckon...or you have hands like shovels!!!
dont want to add to this post but i must admit it looks about a lb in weight dont shot me just thought i would say some thing as it only looks about 30 cm but thats only my thoughts sorry

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
I gave up on judging fishes weight since I was 10lbs out on a 13lbs conger on here recently....:oops:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
dont want to add to this post but i must admit it looks about a lb in weight dont shot me just thought i would say some thing as it only looks about 30 cm but thats only my thoughts sorry
Luffy is around 6ft 3in, so he tends to dwarf the fish!
More annoyingly for me, he treats his TTR like it's a bass rod!

I blanked, but it was still good to see something come out, under difficult conditions.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts