World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this puzzles me why if you find a good fishing mark people keep it to themselves.we are all fishermen at the end of the day so why not share these marks.if we are on here all of us congratulate each other on your catch.if anyone of the lads i go fishing with have a good days fishing we disclose the mark.we all stick up for each other when it comes to something like rod licences litter conservation etc .people who say things like a secret gower rock mark or secret mark down milford really p1ss me off.i havent got out of the wrong side of the bed its been on my mind for a while.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
this ones gonna ruffle some feathers! :boxing: :boxing:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
i got one just behind my inner left thigh just behind that big pimple lol...tightlines andy ilsf...:yucky: :yucky:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this ones gonna ruffle some feathers! :boxing: :boxing:
or yes they all chickens afriad of getting beat.but its true me ,g/e,stid.ian.andy2728.rod.most of us do dissclose the marks its crazy to me:secret: :secret:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or yes they all chickens afriad of getting beat.but its true me ,g/e,stid.ian.andy2728.rod.most of us do dissclose the marks its crazy to me:secret: :secret:
I think the main concern is they will get hammered and spoiled

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
We have had this before steven, if i remember a row started when someone caught a nice bass, he disclosed where he had caught it, and all hell broke loose. someone had a go saying you will have all the illegal netters down there now? or words to that affect. i always disclose my marks. but some prefer not too?:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've got a secret mark down west wales, and the reason i wont broadcast it to every one( not saying you lot will do this!), but the marks near to this mark are filthy by mid summer, rubbish everywhere, rockpools full of ****, and they stink.
And whats wrong with a little bit secrecy?? Its proably my favoirte mark and i dont want it spoilt!! plus thers only room for 4 rods!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most of us on here take our litter home with us and as for hamered we only using hooks not nets most of the boys put 90% of our fish back i go fishing with for example people keep on asking me for ray wings we have caught loads this year biggest 12lb all gone back

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
take hobbs point for example in the winter if anyone catches a cold there you get the place packed out god knows if someone actually catches something decent there eh???:uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
We have had this before steven, if i remember a row started when someone caught a nice bass, he disclosed where he had caught it, and all hell broke loose. someone had a go saying you will have all the illegal netters down there now? or words to that affect. i always disclose my marks. but some prefer not too?:)

See!!!!! theres still Moderator blood in Pooch!!....:)

I always keep my mark to myself!...*Cough PORTHCAWL PIER cough*:g:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Its a good point steve, but in defence of some of the lads, it is more than lightly for conservation reasons, still, when you see fish like that coming out it does drive you bonkers :crazy: trying to find out where the mark is, looking for clues in pics etc:laugh:.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got a secret mark down west wales, and the reason i wont broadcast it to every one( not saying you lot will do this!), but the marks near to this mark are filthy by mid summer, rubbish everywhere, rockpools full of ****, and they stink.
And whats wrong with a little bit secrecy?? Its proably my favoirte mark and i dont want it spoilt!! plus thers only room for 4 rods!
there are people out there who dont care about making a mess but i share all our marks.and the rubbish does p1ss me off .its not all fishermens rubbish though you go to a popular beach in the evening have a look at wot the tourist leave on the beach this is washed out to sea and who has the blame the man with a rod and reel not the bird in here skimpies laying on the beach.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You out today Garfish??...I fancy going somewhere that noone knows about...Its a real Gem of a mark!...

3 guesses where
marcus you can have the action we had last week if you want it when you go out from hobbs no probs.porthcawl pier was buzzing yesterday

·
Registered
594 Posts
there are people out there who dont care about making a mess but i share all our marks.and the rubbish does p1ss me off .its not all fishermens rubbish though you go to a popular beach in the evening have a look at wot the tourist leave on the beach this is washed out to sea and who has the blame the man with a rod and reel not the bird in here skimpies laying on the beach.
I always say where i fish apart from this one mark, me and mates used to fish it every day in the summer holidays when we were younger, me and jimi1601 fished it every day for a month, we didnt catch anything! but it didnt matter then! i suppose its got some sentimental value to me, so i try to protect. if that makes any sense?!

·
Registered
693 Posts
You out today Garfish??...I fancy going somewhere that noone knows about...Its a real Gem of a mark!...

3 guesses where

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, mmmmmmmmmmmmm:idea: pwpcawl:clap2:

Good luck fishing the largest toilet in the uk mate:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a liitle spot i like to keep to myself, simply because its a great Bass mark which can show about 4 bass a session, and as you only get about 2hrs fishing due to the tide thats not bad.
The other reason is the only time i caught good size fish, i took home, gutted and both were full of row, so i guess they come here to spawn, and 95% of catches are undersize but put up a good fight on light tackle.
So not making this spot public will i hope keep the non true fisherman from killing undersize fish.
All of us are here are true fisherman and like myself keep our spots clean and stick to the rules and what is right.
I have invited a guy from this site to fish this mark when the Bass show and would be happy to do so for others.
Well thats my reasons anyway:schmoll:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Some of my secret shore marks will only take 1 or 2 people at any time, & if I was to park up, walk a couple of miles along the coast to find somebody else fishing there, because I, or somebody I had taken with me, had told them about it, I would be well ****ed off!:nonono:
This happened to a spot I used to catch plaice, I took somebody with me one day, who went out on a charter boat some time later, & because things were quiet he took the charter boat to my plaice mark, others followed, then of course the "conservation fleet" with their rock-hopping gear made sure it has never been the same since!:g:
To my mind careless talk costs lives;)
blueskip

1 - 20 of 71 Posts