World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the way they used to do it with nice old boys waiting for you to pay the ticket or for you to show that you have a permit and say a quick hello nice weather where having etc all being pleasant.now it seems like everyone working for this new contract security not mentioning any company names but lets call it ,probe the inside of your butt security,well I bought an annual pass or should it be called an anal pass.anyway I turned up at the toll with my annual pass security head in the passenger window inspection of the pass ok I hadn't stuck in the window as I need to transfer it to a cd cover as I used to do,should it matter apparently not I will be fine said security as long as it is in the window on the dash.every thing I thought was ok until 20mins later same security bloke turned up at the car park have you got a pass my reply are you joking? I have just come through ok bye.dumb xxxxx,I get on the beach and would you believe 3hrs later and I am met by yet another security diiiick at about 12am darkness great big beams of light shining right along the beach running on the stones making loads of disturbance shouting at me I couldn't hear what he was yomping when he finally got to me he said is that your car ?my reply of course it is it is the only car down here and as you can see no body else is down here only me .then asked if I had a ticket,and my reply in the window you will see it ok then he cleared off after me having a few words to say about hes way of approaching me.all I want is piece and quite with no tourches lighting up the surf when I'm trying to catch a decent bass close in,I said to the second security please let whoever is going to be down next a text or note to let them know to please leave me alone.3 40 am same flipping thing almost dead high tide,I saw hes light beaming around scouring for a victim and so I laid flat on the floor and he couldn't see me which obviously I found funny.I eventually popped my head up and he started running across the stones shining hes torch shouting the same thing is that your car?by now I really had had enough,I explained that I have a ticket he was very upset the pass was on the dash not stuck to the window so I said why have you all not got a laptop or phone app that gives you the vehicle registration details of everyone who has a ticket (pass) I can't answer that sir .one thing I do know is the way he spoke to me he was definitely the sheriff and the others are hes deputies. They really need to sort this out before someone really gets the hump.as for the fishing I had about ten schoolies and a couple of eels all on lugg tried a livebait whiting with no joy.I really hope I have a better time next time.any one else have a problem with the security cowboys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not fished Sandwich and not likely to now! But apart from using the toll road what is the “security” for? Is it to do with the golf course or something else?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It is a private estate, lots of rich people live there, they don't have to let you in to fish.
Must say I have found them very polite, they even let me have a couple of freebies to see if I was still able to deal with the shingle. I was and so bought the season ticket.
It might help if you put the pass on the windscreen so they can see at a glance if you have one. Most times they drive along, see the pass and give me a wave.

Nice clean and secure place...shame about the fishing :)
Den

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a private estate, lots of rich people live there, they don't have to let you in to fish.
Must say I have found them very polite, they even let me have a couple of freebies to see if I was still able to deal with the shingle. I was and so bought the season ticket.
It might help if you put the pass on the windscreen so they can see at a glance if you have one. Most times they drive along, see the pass and give me a wave.

Nice clean and secure place...shame about the fishing :)
Den
I will go and put the ticket in the windscreen now so as not to forget.but even though the ticket was seen by the 3 o'clock in the morning crew he still had to come over and see me for some unexplained reason and also complained that I was not fishing in line with the car and I was way off to the right by 150mtrs which was very strange apparently .i just felt very uncomfortable with people chasing me around the beach when trying to get a little bit of solitude after already paying my way and all the cameras and plate recognition cameras they have surly the security don't really need to chase me down when I'm obviously fishing and have a valid ticket and am obviously the only person down there with a car which has a number plate which they have the number registered as having a valid ticket for.hopefully it was just a bad night .lets hope they improve the way they do things.I love it down sandwich and really hope that this doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Den - still very happy with the triggers I bought from you. I have just joined the Dungenss Sea Angling Club for a fiver as I am officially an old git now! Am waiting for my own key. I hadn't fished Dungey for a while but went recently. Very poor though.

How does Sandwich compare - less steep shingle and less deep water I am guessing? I'll see what I can find but do many people fish it. I understand why people would want to be safe but over zealous security chasing anglers up and down the beach just seems like they have nothing to do. After all if you are fishing on the beach you can't be breaking in to houses!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Nice Clean Beach, they'll get used to it these security blokes, keeps the riff raff out,persevere is all I can say, A New Broom Sweeps Clean , nice place to fish, regards TCH.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
GMF, the estate end of the beach is shallow, very shallow up by the golf club. The bottom changes all the time by the estate (probably elsewhere as well) at low water you can feel for the mud(?) with braid and 6oz
This past year has been very poor, quite a few of the regulars seem to have given up, may be a combination of things, but I suspect that the big sandbank out in front has shifted, certainly seems to be a lot closer than a couple of years ago.
I tend to only fish with fish baits for the rays, they have been almost non existent this past two years for me and a few other regulars.
Most weekdays there is rarely more than 4 blokes on the 2 miles of beach.

You don't have to fish in front of the estate, if you come in from the Deal end then you have access at the Chequers pub and by the Boat club, it is a couple of feet deeper there than the estate end, or walk up a bit from the Deal end, where it is deeper still. Nothing like as deep as Dungie though :)
The estate suits me, I use the bird hide a lot, creep about in the woods and fields with my camera and drive along the beach parking here and there looking for bird life.
Membership of the bird club gives you access through the toll gate but not on to the estate roads.
Just had a thought about the security, I usually only fish weekdays, perhaps they are a bit more vigilant at weekends?

Den

Reactions: GMF

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Den - very helpful. I wonder if anywhere is actually fishing well these days!

·
Banned
217 Posts
I will go and put the ticket in the windscreen now so as not to forget.but even though the ticket was seen by the 3 o'clock in the morning crew he still had to come over and see me for some unexplained reason and also complained that I was not fishing in line with the car and I was way off to the right by 150mtrs which was very strange apparently .i just felt very uncomfortable with people chasing me around the beach when trying to get a little bit of solitude after already paying my way and all the cameras and plate recognition cameras they have surly the security don't really need to chase me down when I'm obviously fishing and have a valid ticket and am obviously the only person down there with a car which has a number plate which they have the number registered as having a valid ticket for.hopefully it was just a bad night .lets hope they improve the way they do things.I love it down sandwich and really hope that this doesn't happen again.
Steve I want to go down there now and strip stark naked. When the security comes up I will tell him I thought it was the nudist beach. Oh, and the erection was because I thought he was turning up for the dogging.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve I want to go down there now and strip stark naked. When the security comes up I will tell him I thought it was the nudist beach. Oh, and the erection was because I thought he was turning up for the dogging.
Great idea,do it for your country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts