World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a casual angler for the past thirty years , and pops even longer, getting bait for when you want to go fishing was sometimes a problem . What with tides and digging , and bad weather. Anyway this chinese supermarket in glasgow does better than most shops. You have a good choice of squid , small, large , medium, tentacles only, whole cuttle fish , cuttlefish and squid tubes ect ect...... They also do very large bag of frozen mussels[large] all these and more in abundance , everything you need is in this supermarket . A bit of prep with these and no mess , and its the cheapest place for bait ive ever come across . Im sure that there is also alot of fish in the frozen section that would work wonders , and hope to try some of the very oily squat maccies[ six for two quid] most of the squid is identicle to that in your tackle shop , for less than half price. wonder how long it will take for them to realise they have the cheapest bait emporium:secret: :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I get bait from my local one. the tiny squid work well whole for whitting and dab. These places also sell the large uncooked frozen tiger prawns very cheaply at about 10p each! much cheaoer than a peeler, although the effectiveness is debateable. One thing which interested me was the frozen sections of eels and lamprey, i thought to myslef these would make a rather good tope bait, much better than on my noodles with soy sauce! LOL:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
There's not one actually in Kent, but there is one in a place called Charlton, in South East London (any footie fan should know it). Thats virtually on the border of London/Kent

The link is to a map of the area. Very near to Greenwich. Very nice to stock up if you like chinese grub as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Big one in Manchester.. 'Wing Yip' on oldham rd. Big blocks of frozen raw prawn, squid, various shellfish, baitfish etc etc.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
There's not one actually in Kent, but there is one in a place called Charlton, in South East London (any footie fan should know it). Thats virtually on the border of London/Kent

The link is to a map of the area. Very near to Greenwich. Very nice to stock up if you like chinese grub as well.
Cheers robfosters, will be down that way on the 24th. Driving down to Greenwich to get the tube to the new Wembley to see England play. Might pop in there on way home

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cheers robfosters, will be down that way on the 24th. Driving down to Greenwich to get the tube to the new Wembley to see England play. Might pop in there on way home
When you come out of the station, grab the 486 bus and get off outside the big sainsbury's. Go across the main road to the sorting office and then turn right. Within a few yards you will hit the supermarket. It has a big green roof. You can then obviously get the 486 back to the station.

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
there's a big wing yip store in corydon (purley way, A22) too, i've never been in there, but do have a pal who goes there fairly often.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i use morrisons ,the fishmonger gives me the evils when i answer back"owny wan its fur bait ) i can read his mind ( two years at colledge all that xxx training and he want awny wan)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had to point out what a Mackerral was to the spotty yoof at my local Sainsbury last week. Got a puzzled look when told it was for bait :g:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts