World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sloshes are strong and easy to cast. I use a Slosh30 and it handles pretty much everything that you throw at it. It's a very dependable reel and if it's rough ground you mostly fish I would go for this.

The Slosh20 is a smaller version of this and from what I've heard is every bit as good. If you are after distance on smooth to medium ground I would go for this or the 7HT.

·
Registered
767 Posts
i use a sl0sh20 and a 30 and have found each to be as good as the other, i use the 30 for heavier lines up to 30lb and the 20 for upto 20lb, good strong reliable reels..... but thats just my opinion

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
In my opinion the Slosh 20 and 30 reels r excellent especially for rough ground work, they are very easy to cast with and are very robust,u can not go wrong with one of these reals they should last you years. :) :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have a sl20 and sl30. Both great reels, 20 must be about 5 years old now and still running like new with minimal attention - enough said! Typically use 20lb line on sl20 and find it dead on, have never tried it with 15lb line so don't know if they become a bit lively with lower line diameters.

If you intend to fish clean beaches sl20 is quite bulky, would be better with a 6500 sized reel but if you are looking for one reel to cover most situations then it is hard to beat.

Lee

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i use mine with 20lb line and its spot on. once tried it with 14lb line and it was sh**e, and i use it with 20lb of the beach and rocks. if you want it for the beach get a penn 525super mag or a normal mag there both ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts