World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sloshes are strong and easy to cast. I use a Slosh30 and it handles pretty much everything that you throw at it. It's a very dependable reel and if it's rough ground you mostly fish I would go for this.

The Slosh20 is a smaller version of this and from what I've heard is every bit as good. If you are after distance on smooth to medium ground I would go for this or the 7HT.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i use a sl0sh20 and a 30 and have found each to be as good as the other, i use the 30 for heavier lines up to 30lb and the 20 for upto 20lb, good strong reliable reels..... but thats just my opinion

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have a sl20 and sl30. Both great reels, 20 must be about 5 years old now and still running like new with minimal attention - enough said! Typically use 20lb line on sl20 and find it dead on, have never tried it with 15lb line so don't know if they become a bit lively with lower line diameters.

If you intend to fish clean beaches sl20 is quite bulky, would be better with a 6500 sized reel but if you are looking for one reel to cover most situations then it is hard to beat.

Lee

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i use mine with 20lb line and its spot on. once tried it with 14lb line and it was sh**e, and i use it with 20lb of the beach and rocks. if you want it for the beach get a penn 525super mag or a normal mag there both ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.