World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other month I finally found the right boat at the right price and upgraded, happy days........:boat:

now the misses is on my back to get rid of the other boat, but she is my little baby and i dont want to let go!!! She is moored on a mud berth in Newhaven while my new one is on a Pontoon in gillingham, thus giving me multiple locations for me to goto depending on tide and weather. Which is great.....

I have been thinking about boat share. But it is all about finding someone that will respect her as much as i do! As I dont live in that area, I dont know anyone to that level of trust. Where can I start with something like that?

·
Registered
11,704 Posts
I would think it would be very difficult - you probably hear more stories of boat shares that don't work well (e.g. one wants to add equipment, the other doesn't, there are differing views on how clean to keep it etc), but you also hear of shares that have worked very well. I would think part of the secret is to work it all out at the start and also agree what is to happen should either party ever want to get rid of their share.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I live in London now. So rochester/gillingham only an hours drive with Newhaven 2 hours.I would love to move the boat from rochester to newhaven, but it is too big for the mooring (28ft), which is a real shame, because I love fishing that area and it is 5 mins to open water! Where as rochester is a bit of a run to get out and we would all agree running time is wasted fishing time!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts