World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had a final session at Selsey last night with Peterpuff :wheelchai (sorry pete) haha....Just to see if i could get that double, that i have been after for so long :doh: best i had done to date was a Common of 9lb 10oz..Anyway arrived there at around 10.30 looking for there to be no wind ? well very little, as the forecast on met check was for s/w 8mph ??? well it was more like 15mph...but not to worry ? thats fishing... so set up the 2 rods and baited the rigs ready to go ! pete had already got one bait in the water :marinheir so by the time i got to the waters edge, ready to cast,,,pete was into the 1st fish of the night...great i thought THE SMUTTS ARE IN ????? NOT...:whistling had to wait a while for my 1st take and landed a smutt of about 7lb ? no photos this time ? need to get a bait in the water asap..so waited a bit more ! then had one little thump ? and thought i had a small bass or pout ? but no it was a baby smut of about a 1lb :bangin: Anyway i had another smutt of around 8lb and pete had a couple more up to 9lb 8oz then just after high water i got good take and landed a PB Starry 11lb 3oz..yeeeeeeeeeeep done it at last....Weed was not a problem over the flood and what weed there was ? was in the surf...So keep your rods up high...lol
Heres the photos :bye1:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na ? he was working m8, looked good last nite apart from the wind ??? very little weed and the odd hound knocking about...but good time had by all...nice

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
well done shaun on the double i reckon thats it for me for another year they just didnt want to play ball with me last night but it was good to see a few come out last night and for you to finally get your double the pics turned out well.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes m8 cheers for taking them. Quality...u never no ??? we might get a few bigguns around Walmer or the 10th in the next few weeks ...lol :giveup:
Anyway cheers for a good night...ding dang do :clap2:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
where did you fish down there guys? im contemplating one last trip friday night as i still got a freezer full of crab,well,maybe a shelf full.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well done shaun glad you got that fish you wanted so it was a better night than when i fished next to you a couple of weeks ago . ha ha lol well i will let you know if i get my double on friday night .

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done big d pete etc looks like a good night was had, good to see them around it seemed to tail off by this time last year,

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well done Big Dev,gonna have my last bash there next week on the springs if the Hounds are still there,got me double starry just gotta get me double common before the smut season finishes,well done again.
Gaz

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice one Big Dev:clap2::clap2:well worth the effort.

There's a common out there waiting for you, go get it !:clap3:

Antonio Angelino

·
HARDCORE POSTER NUTS ABOUT FISHING
1,180 Posts
nice on fella good on ya your still a git wish i could have made it after sundays effort weather was rather grim still had two though shame you cried off would have stopped longer if i had some one other then those kids pestering me all night

tight lines

mark

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
nice on fella good on ya your still a git wish i could have made it after sundays effort weather was rather grim still had two though shame you cried off would have stopped longer if i had some one other then those kids pestering me all night

tight lines

mark

Groups of " kids " all over the beach at 3am on wednesday as well.
When we left, they moved in with tourches. Looking for what?. If they wanted some mankey spider i would have given them some.........
not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts