World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 lucky sods fished Selsey West Beach last night.

One of us had 18 smuts (forum poster, but forget his tag, sorry), although brother Masterbaiter and I managed only about 8 or 9 each. I had a 13.4 and 15.6. Masterbaiter has a best of 12.5

LOTS of fish over 12 to 13 pound with my biggest being 15.6 (photos later).

Biggest was 16+ from the beach last night.

Fantastic fishing. Smuts all over the place.

Need to go to work now, but full report later. What a cracking night!!! Madness!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
5 lucky sods fished Selsey West Beach last night.

One of us had 18 smuts (forum poster, but forget his tag, sorry), although brother Masterbaiter and I managed only about 8 or 9 each. I had a 13.4 and 15.6. Masterbaiter has a best of 12.5

LOTS of fish over 12 to 13 pound with my biggest being 15.6 (photos later).

Biggest was 16+ from the beach last night.

Fantastic fishing. Smuts all over the place.

Need to go to work now, but full report later. What a cracking night!!! Madness!!!
Hello mate
Fantastic !! chuffed to bits that you and kev got into them. :clap2:I was gutted that Kev did not catch the night before and was really hopeing that he would take the gamble and at least have a look again last night and see if you could catch early on, if you do catch then staying late and the lack of sleep is always worth it.
Great night chaps, well done.

·
Registered
536 Posts
mega, well done lads. I got talked out of a session lastnight but i got some crab and will be down tonight. What part of the beach did u fish? and how was the weed

well done again

Danny

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was one of those lucky sods, as Henley said unbelievable session. After meeting Master Baiter and Bobfish Tues night and blanking !!! sure it was down to Master Baiters Smutt curse, went to see witch doctor Weds morning to have it removed.
Decided to see if it had worked, got to Selsey about 9.00 met two other anglers who were there Mon night from Walton on Thames,they decided to come back and try again after blanking. One of the guys chucked out about 10.20 not even an hour after LW, 10mins went by BANG straight into his first Smutt a double.:clap3:

Henly, master Baiter and I were chin wagging at the time saw this and all chucked out. 5mins BANG! I was in, Smutt ran uptide straight into Henleys gear landed smutt ok then sorted out tangle.
From then on it was almost fish a chuck right through to 30 mins before HW. Started packing gear up at HW heard reel zipping away, picked up rod hit it fish pulled down really hard twice, then ping something went reeled in to find 40lb snood line had snapped:nonono:

Had 18 Hounds in total, lost 3 biggest 16lb 4ozs, 2 15lbers, 1 14lb 8ozs, the rest varied 11.5 - 13 with a couple 9.5

:clap2 What a night, good fishing, good company what more can you ask for ?

I think Master Baiters Smutt curse is now well and truely been removed !!:clap2::clap2:

Thank you Witch Doctor (ps cheque is in the post ):blink:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get my pic of my 15 on later as I'm on a course in London at the moment.

Fished till 3am, bed at 4 then on a train to London at 7!!! (What day is it?!!)

Antonio was king last night. He will go a while to beat that!! His fish were stripping off line over to our rods. Nothing he could do.

Our bigger fish fell to hardback, but to be honest, it must have been crawling out there with smuts as we dropped as many fish as we caught. I think you could have caught them on just about anything.

Quality sport. I've got a couple of spiders left, but don't tell the Masterbaiter. 12lb tiddler? What's he like!

It was total chaos for about 3 solid hours. Well worth the 1 hours kip I got.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great night, well done on the session. Wish I was there.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hanley top photo with a 15lb 6oz, and twin Masterbaiter with his biggest hound of 12lb 6oz.
On edit, my hound looks like a common and not a starry??? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
was there any weed fellas? how long have we got till they gone?? Is there a chance for me yet?? i had given up hope till i read this..:blink:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
thinking about it..... did you catch the thunder storm down there , was a real biggin in eastbourne brighton ....wouldnt like to be holding a zzipex lightning condutor on a flat beach in that!!!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
was there any weed fellas? how long have we got till they gone?? Is there a chance for me yet?? i had given up hope till i read this..:blink:
There is weed, but we could cope with it. That tide still runs quite a bit and we didn't have big enough leads. Hence why Antonio caught loads more than us. I think he was getting more distance as well so was upping his odds.

Don't be fooled that the Twins here are any sort of pro anglers though. Our crap rod rests were falling about all over the place, I bent the handle on my 6500C, and we had to use a jumper as a weigh sling only to have a smut get it's head stuck in the arm!! Out came the knife and end of expensive jumper. We really are total calamity when the smuts start biting :clap:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Well done boys! i find it easy fising at low water down there and by the looks of your session it was a well worth trip. Tryin to convince the fpo to let me out for a stint tonight. Will see how it goes!!!!! If i do anyone got any un needed crabs? lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Think it's all been said but i would just like to send out a big " alright mates, nice one" to Antonio and Bobfish.
Bob, top bloke.
By the way Bob, any idea what condition our spiders were in on wednesday ?????? go on.......have a guess. Also, those shore crabs, magic when they are in, in numbers. Hanley's pic as proof.
Cheers Antonio, ( Italian but not Italian,) The info you provided for the next few weeks and the future was, and will hopefully be a diesel saver in the future. Cheers for lifting the hex also. ( it will reinstalled later i'm bloody sure of that.)
Jeremy Beedle has taken the footage of the " jumper " episode and now owes me £500.
Cracking night. Red letter night.
Good luck tonight.

p.s.,
hanley....................do you think we have got away with saying we caught at Selsey when we were actually at Ferring ?????:secret:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
thinking about it..... did you catch the thunder storm down there , was a real biggin in eastbourne brighton ....wouldnt like to be holding a zzipex lightning condutor on a flat beach in that!!!!
It totally missed Selsey and it was lighting up the sky behind us on the beach for an hour or so.
Looked impressive.
Me and hanley missed it by mins while crabbing at Goring.
Looked like a scene from poltergeist. ( spell check please. )

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With at least a dozen or so smuts caught in the 12 - 16 range, just imagine the size of the fat singing ladies out there.......................

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another photo of my last nights 15lb 6oz. I'm really intersted to know if this is a common and not a starry. Help please. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts