World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selsey has always been one of those mystical places where the hounds will play with everybody but not with me. Usually It resembles the Tennyson poem, the charge of the Light Brigade, 'hounds to the left of him, hounds to the right of him' then bugger all hounds infront of him.

However with reports of it being hound city how could I not catch a hound, I had prime peelers, crinklers and smoothies in ample supply for 1 last shot of these hounds.
With Ash for a final shot of these hounds and another bucket full of prime peelers, we set of from overcast Southend at 6pm, and arrived at Selsey at 8.30
First look at the beach by the nightclub and it resembled a third world redcross camp, with beach buddys all as far as the eye can see (im sure I saw a beach buddy on the isle of Wight). A quick trip to the beach infront of the fairground and it was even worst. Dilema time what to do? Quick discussion and we drove past the nightclub and managed to find a small spot.
As I was setting up the fisherman to the left of us had just landed a small hound while his mate was unhooking a hound, the bloke to the right of me was also unhooking a hound. With thoughts of Tennyson running through my mind I launched a crab to the horizon and waited, and waited. As I waited Ash had managed to set up and with his unorthodox casting technique (everybody on the beach ducks) had casted out.
then the tip of my rod began to move and wham I was in, 1st Selsey hound, the virgin tag gone as a little smut hit the beach. Not the biggest of the night, not a double but a hound, pictute taken and back it goes for another day. As I was putting the hound back, Ash was into a hound, a slightly larger one.
This scenario happened again with the hounds getting slightly bigger, still no doubles, but I was a dab hand at catching smuts. The bloke to the right of us had now packed up so more fishing room. With 4 hounds landed the biggest just over 7lb my rod went silence, bugger thats it for the night I thought, but Ash fishing 10 yards from me carried on catching. BY now all the rods bar one was motionless as his tally went past 10 and finished up at 15 plus he lost a couple.
Oh well 4 hounds for me and 15 for Ash including a couple of low doubles. The bloke to the left us managed a 13lb stingray for abit of variety.
I dare say Ash will add some pics, and on a personal note I would like to thank Ash for the free trip plus some his peelers, and all those who has contributed with their reports for putting us in the right place at the righ time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
then the tip of my rod began to move and wham I was in, 1st Selsey hound, the virgin tag gone as a little smut hit the beach..[/QUOTE]

nice 1 jassy good work,definitely up 4 that now.eddy said the tides had moved from ferrel 2 selsey, how long they there 4 mate?
glenn

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
glad to here you caught jase,theres always next year for those biggies:whistling:whistling

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I don't think it was that big !!!!:whistling

Well done lads, hope Shrek is happier now! :laugh:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great report Jason. Well done, sounds like a blast. :clap2:

·
Registered
710 Posts
well done fellas good report i could just picture the sceene in my head

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dont forget the 13.5lb stinger david had next to us!

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
well done boys, the effort pays off in the end, bet you can't wait for next year!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
well done boys, the effort pays off in the end, bet you can't wait for next year!!!
The joke is Mark, its all your fault, your reports are what made me go down!

YOU *******!

Now i got a holiday their in 2 weeks, if the hounds have gone, well, guess i will have to settle for whatever else tghat beach throws up!

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
The joke is Mark, its all your fault, your reports are what made me go down!

YOU *******!

Now i got a holiday their in 2 weeks, if the hounds have gone, well, guess i will have to settle for whatever else tghat beach throws up!
There you go mate, man with red hair no speak with forked tongue:happy:

We will have a chat about your fishing options when I get a minute later in the week, just in case the smuts have cleared off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts