World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Greg D and a couple of his mates at West Beach last night, hounds pretty much from the off, I managed 13 to 9-14, Greg had 10 to 13-0, his mates both lost their hound cherry with doubles no less.

One scary moment though, I managed to foulhook one in the throat , the rod left the tripod like a javelin and I grabbed the butt in the water!!! Problem then was I couldn't steer the bugger and she led me a merry dance past several anglers before I grabbed her, getting very wet into the bargain, if you think they swim fast with a hook in their mouth then you ain't seen nothing, I am so glad she was only about 8 pounds as I am sure I would have been a Dreamcat lighter this morning, had she been bigger.

May go back tonight for one final fling as I am sure there is going to be one tide where a lot of massive fish will be caught, looking at last year's diaries, and the crabs are calling to me again from the fridge !!!

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good anglin.

Going tomorrow (Monday).

Fancy it?
Fished West Beach last night with Puffy, didn't fish mate, he had 2, I had 1 and a micropup, there were a few coming out but it was seriously hard work, we did drop 2 or 3 each as well but I have an eerie feeling that may be the end of Selsey for this year but please go and prove me wrong....don't know how Hayling Island and that end is doing though?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Cheers for helping out with a few crabs Mark. You seem to have a knack of that..

Can only say that this last week or so has made what was a poor hound season into a great one. No more for me, but I have finished the season with one great image....... After hearing a muted obsenity, seeing Mark leap into the water to retreive his rod. Didn't realise you were that agile...lol

Looking forward to that pint now!!

G

·
well done on the hounds lads.

missed out on it this year due to a few things out of my control but i'll be there next year for sure.

and i'll get my share of the cod this year if they show up!

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for helping out with a few crabs Mark. You seem to have a knack of that..

Can only say that this last week or so has made what was a poor hound season into a great one. No more for me, but I have finished the season with one great image....... After hearing a muted obsenity, seeing Mark leap into the water to retreive his rod. Didn't realise you were that agile...lol

Looking forward to that pint now!!
As long as I brightened your day mate, I suppose it was worth getting wet for, I never want to foulhook another hound as long as I live !!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
nice report m8 i can just see the situation you running along the beach saying stop you b*****er:fishing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts