World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After weeks of not fishing I decided to pop down to Selsey west beach for a session. Arrived at the low to have a look around and get a spot. Dark came and a few more anglers arrived, eventually spacing out from the windmill to way past the end of the caravan park.

Started fishing just as the darkness fell, and thats when disaster struck! First a clean cast.... so clean that all I had left was the leader and then the worst of all my ~#*!!ing headlamp packed up! At this point all I had was a Led lantern that required 1 minute of turning the handle to get 3 minutes of light. Is this what they call a "wind-up" :banghead:

OK I'm now thinking is this enough, I really cant manage without decent light for night fishing, I really want to fight on but the fuse is lit and time remaining is shortening. At this moment a guy walks over and says |" any luck mate " I reply , trying to be a civil as I can " not bloody much " and after a few more exchanges he says don't worry I have a spare in my bag. He walks back over , after dropping his stuff a few wards away and presents me with my chance to carry on, a Petzel with led and main beam! The thing is great.

Neil ( I cant remember names for the love of life) May I take this opportunity to say thank you your a STAR ! I know he reads these forums but fishes the South Coast. Don't know when I might get back to the south coast and have had a second chance , or if the hounds would be about when I did , so I have to say the ones I caught were only due to a reader of these forums without which I would have ended the night dejected.

As for fishing, weedy around the high and not too many bites but I still manages two of around 5 and 7 pounds and the first take I had about 2 hours before high went like a cracker, took line and gave that tingle I was looking for. Sad part is that this first take felt at least twice the fish of the other two and managed to break off a few yards from the beach. No photos sadly but I wanted to get em back in the water, only weighed the bigger of the two quickly.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck Kirk its going to be a late night !

Interesting that the biggest take I had, the one that I lost in the surf dwarfed the skate from Warden by miles and really was a buzz .... Unlike the other two that came to crab, that one was on a whole unwashed squid stuffed down my favorite tube!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts