World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Selsey East Beach yesterday with Makemineadouble from 17.00 to 01.30 fished up to high and a few hours down.

(We was going to fish the Bill but the weed was horrendous on the fringes).

Tides were small so we did not expect too much, on setting up I decided that we would throw a Bass line out as well as a distance line, within half an hour the Bass rod was going and it produced this:-

I thought it was a lot bigger that the 2lb 8oz as it seemed to be quiet a weight on bringing it in, fish was weighed had its photo opportunity and then returned.

So we thought we were in for a good night, Oh how so wrong we were, on retrieval of lines we were bringing in a great deal of weed from the bottom, hardly any weed on the surface.

The weed finally died out after High tide and we had a couple of hours with no weed problem, also no fish problem.

So there it goes one fish and weed, seems to be the story of our lives at the moment.

Andy

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice report Andy!
Was thinking of going Selsey 2nite not to sure now!:wacko:
At least you got a bass for your trouble, it's better than a blank.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Well done Andy,
nice report and a good photo. Well done for making the effort.

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
342 Posts
Went to Selsey East Beach yesterday with Makemineadouble from 17.00 to 01.30 fished up to high and a few hours down.

(We was going to fish the Bill but the weed was horrendous on the fringes).

Tides were small so we did not expect too much, on setting up I decided that we would throw a Bass line out as well as a distance line, within half an hour the Bass rod was going and it produced this:-

I thought it was a lot bigger that the 2lb 8oz as it seemed to be quiet a weight on bringing it in, fish was weighed had its photo opportunity and then returned.

So we thought we were in for a good night, Oh how so wrong we were, on retrieval of lines we were bringing in a great deal of weed from the bottom, hardly any weed on the surface.

The weed finally died out after High tide and we had a couple of hours with no weed problem, also no fish problem.

So there it goes one fish and weed, seems to be the story of our lives at the moment.

Andy
fished there yesterday morning after leaving west beach and we where swarmed with small bream about 8oz which where cleaning the hooks in about 30 seconds flat
well done on the bass u where fishing right next to where my inlaws live so that's where i do most my fishing ad ive had all my best bass of that strech of beach
josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts