World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished east beach recently? Hoping to fish Sunday or Monday any reports would be appreciated. Any tips on bait would also be appreciated, many thanks in advance of reply.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Was there last night and not even a bite, baits coming back the way they went out!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Has anyone fished east beach recently? Hoping to fish Sunday or Monday any reports would be appreciated. Any tips on bait would also be appreciated, many thanks in advance of reply.
Hello mate, I know this is after you were going to go but might be of some use as you've not had many updates. Went to East beach today. High water was just after 1 pm. First rod in the water by 11.10 with frozen blacks on two small hooks. Second rod out soon after with a live bait rig. I know the live bait rig will work better at night but wanted to see what it was like. Both rods straight into Whiting. Lovely flat water and a bit of sun made it even more enjoyable. Final tally 10 whiting and an impact lead someone had lost;). Had a few more bites but left them. No amazing fish but learnt a bit more and didn't loose any of my tackle for a change:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply Ragster, yes I fished it Monday fished from 10.30 to 4.00pm, fished 2 hook flapper with rag and lug tipped with mackerel and live bait rig on the other rod, live bait rig was getting whiting but no other takers, on the other rod I had 33 channel and 12 pout whiting with 1smouth hound pup and 1 eel so nothing spectacular but saved a blank and kept me busy. Strange thing was that if the worm was tipped with squid I didn't get a bit.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ragster, yes I fished it Monday fished from 10.30 to 4.00pm, fished 2 hook flapper with rag and lug tipped with mackerel and live bait rig on the other rod, live bait rig was getting whiting but no other takers, on the other rod I had 33 channel and 12 pout whiting with 1smouth hound pup and 1 eel so nothing spectacular but saved a blank and kept me busy. Strange thing was that if the worm was tipped with squid I didn't get a bit.
Nice. I bet you were busy with that many.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fished to the left of the slip way as I had a mate with me who hadn't fished for many years with not much gear, I felt if we went to cleaner ground it would limit tackle loss to his limited amount of gear.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Has no one fished here recently? Either it is so good no one want to tell anyone or its crap and no one has been.
If you're reliant on the reports for a venue then chances are you already missed the best fishing!

A better way to ask a question would be one based on what you might expect given key conditions. This helps you learn more about a venue!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts