World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of a warning, for those as foolish as me. I went down Selsey - west beach last night, on the smoothie hunt.................WEED!!! and not just a bit we had bucket loads on the line within a few seconds. didn't even come off any better with braid.

So we Up'd sticks and went up to Pagham, it was just as bad. It really made a mess of a good tide. Should have stuck to 'sure bet smoothie mark' down bucklers hard near lymington.

Anyway it was my first time fishing down that way, as i normally head west . I won't let it put me off as i have head good reports in the past from down there. Any descent fish coming out of Hill head????

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
235 Posts
sorry you had a bad session at selsey i live in selsey unfortunatley its the time of year for weed i fished monday night onthe west beach along with 10 other guys all caught some good smuts aswell as lots of weed.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't let it put me off................ looks like someone managed some their last night (on other notice)

SBDesign

·
Registered
235 Posts
yea thats the problem with selsey next week the weed could be all on the east beach and the west could be clear its how it goes dont give up come down again or email me and i will gladly join you.:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
fizz said:
sorry you had a bad session at selsey i live in selsey unfortunatley its the time of year for weed i fished monday night onthe west beach along with 10 other guys all caught some good smuts aswell as lots of weed.:)
Hi,
3 of us went into Pagham harbour around lunchtime till 5 ish. Saw some very good size fish(8lb maybe) chasing whitebait(?) as the tide going out in the channel. Not sure what they were but we tried spinners, lures, immitation worms etc with no luck. Aaargh, very frustrating.:banghead:

Any tips????

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi,I live 4 minuts walk from Pagham Beach. Just lately I leave the high tide alone . I have been fishing 2 hours either side of low water at dusk and after dark and had very minimal weed problems. Had quite q few whiting and pout. Also had some big takes but didnt connect. going to try bigger baits and hooks. There have been Cod, Decent Bass and Smoothy from Bognor Pier last week.

To old to die young.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts