World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final details...

Date-Sunday 30th March (bring your mums if you like....)
Venue-Selsey East Beach
Time-9.00 AM meet on the beach opposite Park Lane,fish from 9.30-14.00
HW-11.40

Usual rules ...two rods,four hooks between the two,your choice of bait and the princely sum of two pounds per rod.
Unless the fishing situation changes for the better i really don`t have a clue what to put up as a trophy,but it`s in hand....
and it will go to the best fish on the day whatever,i think this one could get emotional we`ll have to see.
The turnout last time was terrific,very impressive and i`m sure we can do it again,this is what fishing is about...meeting like minded people with the same aim,to enjoy the company of others fishing no matter what and to meet new fishing buddies in a situation that we ourselves create.
As previously said this is not a MATCH it`s a meeting,leave your egos and any C&P behind but bring abuse and chocolate...abuse is good,chocolate is better!! and lets wake em up!

And finally this where i drop myself in the smelly stuff,a couple of mates of mine across the border in the darker side of Sussex have started a bit of a crusade to get some things going on behalf of beach fishermen,perhaps you still haven`t heard of Lisa....but you will.... as the roadshow hits us on the 9th of April at the Waverley (pub) in West Bognor.Now i`ve fished these local beaches for a long time and nothing like this has come my way before so i wanna hear what`s on offer,now i know a lot of you have never met Steve Tapp but a lot of you know me and i`m going and it would be good (me being rather shy)if i had some company on the night,so think of some fishing related questions or just put forward your point of view as Steve don`t bite (not to sure about Craig though!:black_eye).

Many thanks for reading this and if it needs to be Modded feel free to delete what`s inappropriate but preferably not till next xmas......Alan

·
Registered
993 Posts
Count me in for the 9th of April mate.

Won't be able to make the 30th though :(

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
looking forward to it mate, the dazzla will be picking me up on the way so thats my lift sorted, I've never fished selsey west before, what lead will hold bottom? is it like the point or more like church norton? I can just about hold with 4oz at church norton if there's no weed but I'd stand no chance on the point, not used to fishing with heavy tide, Rob......

·
Registered
684 Posts
Final details...

Venue-Selsey East Beach
HW-11.40

Usual rules ...two rods,four hooks between the two,your choice of bait and the princely sum of two pounds per rod.
Unless the fishing situation changes for the better i really don`t have a clue what to put up as a trophy,but it`s in hand....
and it will go to the best fish on the day whatever,i think this one could get emotional we`ll have to see.
The turnout last time was terrific,very impressive and i`m sure we can do it again,this is what fishing is about...meeting like minded people with the same aim,to enjoy the company of others fishing no matter what and to meet new fishing buddies in a situation that we ourselves create.
As previously said this is not a MATCH it`s a meeting,leave your egos and any C&P behind but bring abuse and chocolate...abuse is good,chocolate is better!! and lets wake em up!

And finally this where i drop myself in the smelly stuff,a couple of mates of mine across the border in the darker side of Sussex have started a bit of a crusade to get some things going on behalf of beach fishermen,perhaps you still haven`t heard of Lisa....but you will.... as the roadshow hits us on the 9th of April at the Waverley (pub) in West Bognor.Now i`ve fished these local beaches for a long time and nothing like this has come my way before so i wanna hear what`s on offer,now i know a lot of you have never met Steve Tapp but a lot of you know me and i`m going and it would be good (me being rather shy)if i had some company on the night,so think of some fishing related questions or just put forward your point of view as Steve don`t bite (not to sure about Craig though!:black_eye).

Many thanks for reading this and if it needs to be Modded feel free to delete what`s inappropriate but preferably not till next xmas......Alan
HA HA….game on Alan…….will be there for deffo …….looking forward to meeting some new (& old) faces :group:

·
Registered
993 Posts
looking forward to it mate, the dazzla will be picking me up on the way so thats my lift sorted, I've never fished selsey west before, what lead will hold bottom? is it like the point or more like church norton? I can just about hold with 4oz at church norton if there's no weed but I'd stand no chance on the point, not used to fishing with heavy tide, Rob......
You'll need 12 oz weights minimum!

·
Registered
684 Posts
dude……it's selsey east ; a millpond compared to selsey west…..talk soon

the dazzle:hug:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nah Robs having a meet of his own on another beach! 1lb min weight on a spinning rod will be the order of the day dude, best baits are raw eggs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You`ll be alright with a four Rob,if it`s running take the end spot and cast up tide,leave the balaclava at home though as i don`t think the gentle folk of Selsey are quite ready for that yet......Alan

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Final details...

Venue-Selsey East Beach
HW-11.40

Alan
Thank you for your support. Sorry I won't be able to make the Sunday but I will be there as you say on April 9th. If anybody would like a flavour of the 2 brilliant meets we have had so far I am only a pm away and I will have an updated bulletin from last nights meet by the weekend.
Top man
Stevo T

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea im in should be good ive never fished selsea before

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm in for both dates, Alan. Hopefully a few of the usual suspects will turn up on 9 April for the Lisa meeting. It's just a chance to hook up with other Sussex anglers - not only is it free to join, but if you turn up Alan will ply you with drink. At least, I think that's what he said.....

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm in for both dates, Alan. Hopefully a few of the usual suspects will turn up on 9 April for the Lisa meeting. It's just a chance to hook up with other Sussex anglers - not only is it free to join, but if you turn up Alan will ply you with drink. At least, I think that's what he said.....
Count me in on this Simon/Alan….hic hic:drunk:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Did you hear this when you were sober Simon? :whistling......Alan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Simon,
Let me know how it fishes, this was an area that we talked about last year.
Full gen required, place,time, rigs,baits etc.
Good hunting, stay sober!!!!!!!
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts