World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Selsey West beach last night, still not to sure why I went as I did not want a late night as I have a Bass session tonight, but after a phone call from my friend Rob (Bobfish) we decided to meet up at Selsey and have a few hours.

Got down there about 20.45 and decided to set up far to the right as there was a few anglers nearer the back of the fun fair.

Got set up and cast out, within 10 minuets I had this hound (was about 7lbish)

Then it went quiet for a while, then another bang on the rod which produced the following hound (about 12lb)

The above im my PB as I have only been hound fishing a couple of times and not been that successful.

Rob then brought in one of about 13lb, it then went quiet again for half an hour or so, we then Rob had a further two hounds 5lbish and I had one more of the same size, packed up at 01.00 for the hour drive home (rob had an hour and a half drive home).

Thoroughly enjoyed the session as at 18.30 I was sitting in my back garden in the sun not even thinking about the hounds.

There were two guys to the lefty of us who had thirteen hounds between them but no doubles.

After a few hours sleep now looking forward to my Bass session tonight.

Andy

·
Registered
434 Posts
Went to Selsey West beach last night, still not to sure why I went as I did not want a late night as I have a Bass session tonight, but after a phone call from my friend Rob (Bobfish) we decided to meet up at Selsey and have a few hours.

Got down there about 20.45 and decided to set up far to the right as there was a few anglers nearer the back of the fun fair.

Then it went quiet for a while, then another bang on the rod which produced the following hound (about 12lb)

The above im my PB as I have only been hound fishing a couple of times and not been that successful.

Rob then brought in one of about 13lb, it then went quiet again for half an hour or so, we then Rob had a further two hounds 5lbish and I had one more of the same size, packed up at 01.00 for the hour drive home (rob had an hour and a half drive home).

Thoroughly enjoyed the session as at 18.30 I was sitting in my back garden in the sun not even thinking about the hounds.

There were two guys to the lefty of us who had thirteen hounds between them but no doubles.

Andy

Congratulations Andy on your new pb, lovely looking fish!
Well done mate!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
well done m8 , i was at the windmill end. Had the best session iv ever had lost count of hounds past 15! biggest 13lb3oz my pb too! smallest was 8lb. 3 doubles. will put pics up later when i can be assed to get out of bed lol. It was unreal i took 20 crabs got 5 left, was only using half a crab a chuck and each cast produced!thats a lot of fish lol lost 3 though , one took line like i never seen, then when i did stop it it cut 50lb hook length at the hook end.. tope? who knows...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well done m8 , i was at the windmill end. Had the best session iv ever had lost count of hounds past 15! biggest 13lb3oz my pb too! smallest was 8lb. 3 doubles. will put pics up later when i can be assed to get out of bed lol. It was unreal i took 20 crabs got 5 left, was only using half a crab a chuck and each cast produced!thats a lot of fish lol lost 3 though , one took line like i never seen, then when i did stop it it cut 50lb hook length at the hook end.. tope? who knows...
Welldone Smoothy sounds like you had a very good session, you had a busier session than I.

Andy

·
Registered
426 Posts

Andy
Well done on Pb nice fishing hope the arms didn't ache to much1

·
Registered
254 Posts

Andy
Well done on your pb fish . Me and a m8 were there to down past the club house fish a chuck from about 8.30 till about 12.00 then went a bit quiet. my m8 had his first hound ever at 11.8 jammy sod. Another great nights fishing for selsey got to be the best hound beach in the country.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fished near the Windmill, my first visit.

Had a very good trip, got 6 smoothies: 10lb 10oz, 10lb 4oz, 9lb 1oz, 2 at around 7lb and 1 of around 5lb. Missed at least three more. One of the double ripped the rod out of the stand really violently, I only just got to it before it went into the drink

Very friendly locals, thanks for advice lads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi , was that thurs night i was there with my mate down to the left i also had a pb mine was 14lb only 4th time ive fished for spurs from beach, plus my mate and i only cought 4 between 7 and 1am the guys to our fight seemed to be catching on every cast ! i did miss one really big one though forgot to loosen drag on reel and had almight take rod tip went bang ,bang, bang and the 20lb line went crack and snapped off at top ring i have never seen a bite like it

·
Registered
167 Posts
well done on the pb mate was there on the weekend great fishing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts