World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All those that were sceptical of the weather were right!

15 of us attempted to fish a match at the windmill last night, it was complete dog toffee. Started fishing at 2000hrs, by 2300hrs only 2 pout had been caught and most people had lost half a dozen rigs due to the massive amounts of weed.

Most people had reached their breaking point by 2300hrs and were sacking it and I did even see a geezer launch his rod up the beach like a javlin ( a somewhat evpensive way to fish).

I was one of those that wrapped it at 2300hrs so don't know how the match finished, but I can't imagine it got any better.

Whist packing the car we saw a steady stream of guys driving past that had been fishing further along the beach. We chatted with them for a bit only to find it was the same story up there.

What a complete waste of time!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
All those that were sceptical of the weather were right!

15 of us attempted to fish a match at the windmill last night, it was complete dog toffee. Started fishing at 2000hrs, by 2300hrs only 2 pout had been caught and most people had lost half a dozen rigs due to the massive amounts of weed.

Most people had reached their breaking point by 2300hrs and were sacking it and I did even see a geezer launch his rod up the beach like a javlin ( a somewhat evpensive way to fish).

I was one of those that wrapped it at 2300hrs so don't know how the match finished, but I can't imagine it got any better.

Whist packing the car we saw a steady stream of guys driving past that had been fishing further along the beach. We chatted with them for a bit only to find it was the same story up there.

What a complete waste of time!
Even though you had a mare,thanks for the report....on a positive note at least you will know better for next time.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I fished just down from you guys with Smoothy & Parkranger and yep it was terrible fishing, I had the chance to fish Thursday night and that was perfect for the hounds! The weed was so slimey and loads of it!!! Moved to Pagham at about 11:30pm and the weed was mcuh better but still a bit around. Blanked though!

Did the Pout win the match!?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
unlucky trig. i was one of the lucky ones who fished thursday night. perfect weather no weed and loads of fish. amazing what 24 hours can do to knock it on the head.

well you made my mind up for me tonight. was contemplating going to west beach, maybe not now.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Me and the Masterbaiter fished the other side of the windmill by that daft entertainment centre!! Met a couple of great guys from this forum who helped us as this was out first trip to Selsey.

Lucky this was only half an hour in the car for us!!!!!

The other guys were from Kent so this must have been pure misery driving home after this weather disaster.

I had some good sport with a huge lump of weed which took line off in the surf. I had to play weed!!!

Nice to meet some great lads, but apart from that, a total shambles.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Out tonight mark ???
Weed was not the prob. Twas the waves and the weed combination that sacked us all.:giveup:
As hanley has mentioned, it was our first trip to the bill and baptism by fire is a term i would use for this one.
I bet you a dirty 10p that they were fighting around the groynes at ferring but who would be daft enough to give that a go over the next 48 hours.:g:
Cheers for the help guy's. I would think the big hand is taking a grip of the velux hound window and easing it to a close.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not a lot else to be said.... Arrived at 8pm to find the area by the Windmill packed so moved up by the night club, where I met Smutty Dan and Missfit "good to see you again guys"....

I was optimistic when I arrived as things didnt lookto bad "how wrong was I"!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
what a crep night! still what a contrast pagam was when we moved there ..... but stil no hounds

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Unlucky guys :schmoll: Wind looks ok for tonite and tomorrow ? might pop down for a last bash :bleh:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Just popped down to Ferring to have a look around and it is PUMPING !!!
BBC forcast has just changed from a 16 to a 20 so my plan for a last bash at Selsey has basically been blown away.
This year, all in all for me, has all gone a tad t**s regarding the hounds but thats fishing.

Roll on next July.

B***er.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
im glad i managed to get a taste of it this year, 1 out of 4-5 trips down to selsey was productive.It became a bit of an addiction after that 1 trip. Due to work and other reasons i always seemed to miss the prime times down there and ended up having to fish 10 foot breakers and weed most of the time.

going to concentrate on sole and bass now near me.........

(until november....and dungeness will be calling lol)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
im glad i managed to get a taste of it this year, 1 out of 4-5 trips down to selsey was productive.It became a bit of an addiction after that 1 trip. Due to work and other reasons i always seemed to miss the prime times down there and ended up having to fish 10 foot breakers and weed most of the time.

going to concentrate on sole and bass now near me.........

(until november....and dungeness will be calling lol)

I traded this hound season with the kids and the good lady.

I will not be fishing for the next 11 months.........................much.

Like youself smoothy, exept for the " Tuesday ", of the monday, tuesday wednesday madness at Ferring, i caught a lot of the dates either early or late and drank to excess after viewing the " Kent " guy's threads.
I may do the odd stint at Ferring in the winter as i am short on Tesco's bags and used condoms.
Just popping off to Iceland for a 3 for a tenner hit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i think tuesday night prob looks the best so might have a drive down if i can get hold of any crab, anyone know of anywhere i will be able to get about 25 peelers?

Cheers
Danny

·
Registered
183 Posts
All i can say about last night is i wish i had stayed at home and saved the money for crabs/petrol.

Nice to see loads of the forum lads out but i sometimes wonder if we are all right in the heads, going down there when the weather is so bad. I guess 'you have to be in it to win it'.

Roll on some good weather and some better fishing!!!

Dan

G

·
All i can say about last night is i wish i had stayed at home and saved the money for crabs/petrol.

Nice to see loads of the forum lads out but i sometimes wonder if we are all right in the heads, going down there when the weather is so bad. I guess 'you have to be in it to win it'.

Roll on some good weather and some better fishing!!!

Dan
that's sometimes the strength of it Dan,but there's a couple of tides left!!!!!!!!
:crazy::wheelchai

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
It has to be said, the high point of the evening was meeting up with old mates and new ones, from then on it was downhill rapido, still the drive home was nice as I fell asleep and let Dan do the hard work

may just try one more time if we get a weather window but I have my doubts!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Met office is giving it 22 with a symbol over the IOW and 9 with a symbol over Southampton ??
BBC is giving it 9 over Brighton but the tree at the end of my garden that i use to gauge the strength of the wind, ( known locally as the smoothy tree,) is basically giving it a 25 - 30.
Myself and hanley will be up for one more try but this is pumping stuff and big tides.
Fortune favours the brave, but medication followed by a section could also be close behind.
One last hit......................just one last hit.

Ferring. R.I.P.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Wish these weather sites would all come to agreement...? as it seems each one is saying the opposite to the other ....:nono::nono::nono: not good, when you have to drive a 300 mile round trip ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts