World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Selsey West beach last night hoping to break my current blanking run.

Arrived at approx 2300hrs and the business ends were deployed shortly afterwards.

Baits were peeler and spider for the hounds and mackeral for a possible tope.

Things were looking up when first cast brought in a lovely 9lb smooth hound.

9lb Selsey West 05 Aug 08.jpg

Second cast saw a big old slack liner which unfortunatley failed to connect.

Third cast saw an 8lber on the beach.

Further along the beach I could see other people pulling hounds onto the beach.

At this point I was thinking to myself that I had finally got the timing right and I was going to get stuck into one of those legendary sessions that I often read about but rarely experience.

And then all went dead, not another fish or bite all night.

Left the beach at Approx 0400hrs, not completely dissoppointed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted mate, there's a bit along the shoreline but very little coming in on the business end. I would be as bold as to say that it is possibly the least I have seen there ever!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Well done m8,,on the Smutts,,, i think that all the hounds that we caught last nite ? where fish swimming alone ?? as the 3 off us where fishing close together, and only one person would hook up ?
As if a shoal came through you would put money on it ? for at least two of the three people to hook up...What i call a double hook up..not using 2 hooks on one line...

But i could wrong ??????????/

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was only fishing 1 rod with 1 hook for the hounds so it's difficult to say, however I would say that due to the realativley short time scale that they were there and the intensity that they were shoaled up.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Well done m8,,on the Smutts,,, i think that all the hounds that we caught last nite ? where fish swimming alone ?? as the 3 off us where fishing close together, and only one person would hook up ?
As if a shoal came through you would put money on it ? for at least two of the three people to hook up...What i call a double hook up..not using 2 hooks on one line...

But i could wrong ??????????/
Spot on mate
Small packs coming through but not stopping, possibly not enough grub there to hold them.
I had 3 last night, 2 of which were caught the same time as others were hooked up (must have been you !!)

Not the fasted sport last night but it was good to get out for one last go at them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts