World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after telling myself i aint gonna bother going to slesey as it was too expensive and was let down by a mate i dragged the girlfriend down with me....best decision i ever made....weed??what weed!! take it that was a bonus from what iv heard..

started about 8.30 got straight into the water...bit slow for the first hour and wondered if they had dissapeared and i had made a boo boo....was i wrong....just as it got dark my rod when horizontal as i gforgot to set the clutch :bangin: (thought i would have learnt this from wednesday night in ferring) reeled in pretty much a dead weight until it got close a 6lb hound......had to use a towel to weigh them so prob not very accurate and i didnt get the exact weights as i just wanted to get it back out...i was buzzing lol ..shortly after had another which felt a lot bigger but only went to 7 lb....whent quiet after this and i wondered if that was it.....

wishing i had got there earier becasue i thought it was all over with still 2.5 hrs till High tide..my rod folded over again with a very aggressive looking bite....struck in, rod didnt lift and fished pulled down and ripped line off the reel.....very good fight pulled in a 10 6 lb fish (exact weight coz i thought i could be a fair size).....got my double figure from the shore so i was well happy.....next cast got another biggy but as i was pi55ing around in the surf it unhooked itself and happily swam away....was gutted!!

Girlfriend slowly grew a sudden interest in fishing and was soon helping me land my next fish of just over 9lb which fought harder than any of the other thought i was mahusive...everything went quiet again until a bit later the rod nodded again and the line went slack....took up the slack and felt the fish and handed it over to Stacey who pulled in a fish of 5.4 lb.....picture of her holding it as far away from her as possible lol..

all in all best nights fished iv ever had...just cant wait till next year and making more of an efford with the codding that i also missed out on last year....

i have pics but no idea how to put em up here....can e mail em tho lol

James

Jassyfa i think i see you as i was setting up you could have squeezed inbetween i had a fair bit off room ./..was gonna say to ya ill move over but was tying a knot, turned round and you had gone....was just infront of the foot path

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
glad you got into fish james ,even better to get doubles,well done m8

·
Registered
62 Posts
well done james! went there the day before on thursday night and me and my mate had the same thing.. 2 fish as soon as it got dark and quite for about one hour, and i was wondeing what was wrong...... then another 3 about 2 hours before high; the weed came in and we left.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Brilliant James this post has cheered me up mate . Know you,ve been itching to catch some good hounds and you've made the effort to travel and go all the way to selsey , much respect and glad to hear you've had some good fish:punk:

·
Registered
930 Posts
where is this place ?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant James this post has cheered me up mate . Know you,ve been itching to catch some good hounds and you've made the effort to travel and go all the way to selsey , much respect and glad to hear you've had some good fish:punk:
cheers mate yeah been meaning to head down there for ages but didnt wana risk wasting all the money for nothing....got to the point where i thought i just gota do it....will be going down there a lot next year...good bit of sport...and yes well worth the drive..never had a session like it

where is this place ?
its selsey mate.....if you get the postcode for westsands lane caravan park its just there...not sure how long they wil be about for as i hear they come in as quick as they go.....maybe all the time there is no wind or very little wind they will hand around longer....have a search through this SE section and the southern section ...plenty of info mate ...good luck

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Well done fella,good hounds there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts