World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello evey1 this weekend me and my mate are going fishing at Selsey Caravan Park in the hope of sum hounds have only fished it once last year and no luck was just asking if there is any areas around there people tend to favor cheers .off to pick are on crab as well so that wont b a prob we hope lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
i was advised to go on the stretch in front of the windmill and it looked like good advice as i fished the caravan park and had one the guys who fished the windmill were busy all night may be worth a go there good luck THE COD

·
Registered
71 Posts
In front of the windmill seems to be the favourite for most but I regularly go down to Selsey during the hound season. You will find that when the hounds start to run anywhere along there should get you something although depending on the weed you will probably only have an hour window in which to work your magic. I have had hounds to the left and the right of the windmill. What day were you thinking of fishing?

·
Registered
386 Posts
we fish further down past the windmill and clubhouse, if you keep driving that way the road gets blocked off and there is a large gravel area to park on, it's on the way back to bracklesham but still in the caravan park!, at low tide you can see a concrete groyne thingy which is further along still!. if you arrive early enough give ragworms a go at low tide if the weather is calm and still!, i've had some tidy stingers doing this while others have just been stood waiting for the tide to come in!

·
Registered
20,987 Posts
we fish further down past the windmill and clubhouse, if you keep driving that way the road gets blocked off and there is a large gravel area to park on, it's on the way back to bracklesham but still in the caravan park!, at low tide you can see a concrete groyne thingy which is further along still!. if you arrive early enough give ragworms a go at low tide if the weather is calm and still!, i've had some tidy stingers doing this while others have just been stood waiting for the tide to come in!
:roll1:You're right about low tide there, I've caught hounds with my leader knot out of the water and seen stingers caught on ragworm. I'm thinking of going tonight but haven't decided on the windmill or the gate yet.:roll1:

·
Registered
134 Posts
yer we did have shoals of mackerel jumping a few weeks back but i havent seen any scince but they could be feeding under water now.

go by the windmill m8 and mabey we could meet up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well cheers guys for all ur words of wisdom.we r off down there friday night me thinks hopeing to get there for about 7ish rag worm will b tryed as will my new reel Abu 6500 CT Mag thing so if ne 1 heres alot of swearing coming from the beach its me lol hope to see sum u guys down there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi i will probably be down there friday night to fish the high tide get there around 6ish. Im gunna target the hounds again try and bag my second one. hope to see you down there. if your fishing by the windmill.

Cheers Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts