World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I fished at Selsey west beach last night (sunday) and had a good nights fishing :D , I landed 5 smuts to 16lb including 2 doubles and lost a further 5, I lost 3 of them because I could not beach them as I was on my own, they rolled on the waters edge and the hooks came out and off they went :mad: , and the other two were hook pulls at distance. :confused:
One of the fish that was lost at the waters edge was bigger than the 16lb one that I did manage to land.
All of the fish were caught one in the last hour of the flood on live peeler crab.
So my Question is how do you land them more succesfully when fishing on your own? :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was fishing at the far end of the rough car park just past the club where the flags are.
Let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
From your successful report (apart from the ones that got away) I guess the weed has cleared off? I was down there last month and it was solid with weed. It was my first time down there as I normally head west as I live around Southampton Bournemouth.

Not letting that session put me off, so I'm wanting to return as soon as.

Any advice on which end of west beach or what type of tides would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve,
Sorry for the delay in replying, been smut bashing on the Isle of Wight for the weekend.
The successful tide for me was a neap tide with high water about 10:30 pm,
the place where I fished is in a post above.
Next monday, tuesday or wednesday (18th,19th or 20th) are good tides and I am hoping to get down there again then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts