World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VENUE : NORTH CONNEL BEACH ( WINDSOCK ) oban
27/28 sept 2008

this is a saterday into sunday meet.1 day.

no tides at the moment will get this later.

please note if u have a 4x4 u can drive along the beach at low tide.

2 wheel drive DONT BOTHER.

there is parking at end of town will be posted later.

all persons who attend can fish the same area.

thanks all :marinheir

everyone attending is asked to donate a rig,any rig will do and the winner of the heaviest fish gets an assortment of rigs. :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
aye colin , im up for this one ..............

just a wee not for anyone who has never fished it before , it is quite exposed here and the tide can rip through quite fast , i would advise 6oz gripper leads here . as you can see in the pic , the beach is very long and will accomodate loads of anglers and tents on the ground above .

this mark can be a bit of hit and miss , it is not known for the quantity of fish caught but the quality of any fish is usally excellent .

this is quite an easy access mark , with only a short walk from the car to get you to the mark.

looking forward to it .

al

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Put my name down colin, i will be there for another great meet. Hopefully this time the spurdogs will make an appearance. Tight Lines.

Steven

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
sod it
i'll be there i guess :2: and all :ph34r:
need a kid free sesh getting :wheelchai , you can only watch high school musical for 30 times
colin see at scrabbie m8

G

·
Sorry we wont be able to make this one ;o( its our anniversary in the begining off October (5 year married, 6 together) so going away for it ;o)

Im sure you will all have a great time ;o) hopefully it wont be raining lol

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have fun to pauline and dont mention the r--n word

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me and the al man should manage to attend,i seem to miss all the meets due to work and holidays so i'm determind to make this one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
could be up for this one not fished the windsock before! plus need to get a big spur this year!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
why dont we make it a little more interesting by adding a wee incentive, instead of the usual cash prize for the heaviest fish , why not ask everyone to put in a rig ( any rig) and the winner will get the assortment of rigs .

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good idea al.

will change main post.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Colin,

Windsock is at the end of the runway nearest the Connel bridge in your pic, and not the other one.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
might be able to go, kinda scared though etive seems to have it in for me LOL :roll1:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
might be able to go, kinda scared though etive seems to have it in for me LOL :roll1:
just come along , we will keep all combustable things away from you .

hope to see you there

al

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Im comming for defonate :) so is janet, 'mon the bacon lol, im going to get her some deacent casting practice so she can fish, she wooped ma but last night down the pier, i blanked lol, she had lots of fat juicey mackerel and a nice pollock,

Looking forward to the sock :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Good to hear your coming Scott and Janet, if Janet is fishing you will have to make the rolls in bacon mate lol.

Steven

1 - 20 of 69 Posts