World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been reading the above mag and inside was an article on the century cme rod, now in it andy miller goes on to say

"on one occasion at a tornament i decided to cast fixed spool"

so he decided to strip down his cme blank and replace the rings with 4 large chrome wire rings at calculated intervals

what does he mean by strip down his cme blank and replace the rings

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
rings were probably only taped on anyways. most casters buy just a blank (much cheaper than a fully assembled rod) and then add guides by simply taping them into position.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
rings were probably only taped on anyways. most casters buy just a blank (much cheaper than a fully assembled rod) and then add guides by simply taping them into position.
it means that if you "pop" a ring, its an easy job to replace it if its only taped on.:thumbs:

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
i read that aswell and thought wtf, but i know a few people that just tape on the rings, i didnt know you could just buy a blank

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I was given a rod by ChrisP a couple of years ago and that had taped on rings using insulation tape.
they are still in one piece and I use the rod every time I go fishing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Ian.

I just had a reply on another forum and it is the tape used for wrapping gifts (made by selotape) that the casters use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts