World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do posts in this forum end up in slanging matches, most of the time.

Like somebody so eloquently put it in another post, "it's just fishing."

Maybe time to bury the hatchet, get back to tips and discussing lure fishing like sensible adults?

I am off to the Tackle and Guns show now and won't return until Monday evening, but look forward to reading the comments on my return, and any tips on how we can get this particular forum of WSF back to how it was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i posted a thread on LRF looking for tips etc, i went to work away for a week and came home to 150 replies! i thought "dead right, im going to get a lot of info on LRF here!" It was about 10 decent replies and 140 argumentative ***** who , from what i could make out, one of was just picking for a fight and most of the time he just contradicted what he just said! can you not ban troublemakers mike?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
i posted a thread on LRF looking for tips etc, i went to work away for a week and came home to 150 replies! i thought "dead right, im going to get a lot of info on LRF here!" It was about 10 decent replies and 140 argumentative ***** who , from what i could make out, one of was just picking for a fight and most of the time he just contradicted what he just said! can you not ban troublemakers mike?
i think the boss has hinted that we should ALL settle down and let peace decend on the forum, and for once i agree with him. suggesting banning *******'s and ******'s or even ***********'s is'nt likely to bring about serenity, is it?. note, i am not wanting to argue with anyone. just making a suggestion.:thumbs:

·
Top Blanker
1,670 Posts
Why do posts in this forum end up in slanging matches, most of the time.

Like somebody so eloquently put it in another post, "it's just fishing."

Maybe time to bury the hatchet, get back to tips and discussing lure fishing like sensible adults?

I am off to the Tackle and Guns show now and won't return until Monday evening, but look forward to reading the comments on my return, and any tips on how we can get this particular forum of WSF back to how it was.
Sack the mods & let the members run the show !!!!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
simple ..because the argumentative types know better than any 1 else what theyre talking about !! theyre never wrong ! but seldom right !,,too many big egos clashing ,,and lets face it ,,so easy to be a keyboard warrior isnt it ,,havent got to MAN up to who they are talking to ,,,eithr that or their lives are lacking a bit of entertainment and are so boring ,,,you know i had it on here from a KENT poster who obviously didnt like people from NORFOLK either that or he didnt like me ,,,strange as i dont know him and he dont know me ...your always gonna get this tho on open forums tho ,,just cant get to grips as to why people cant respect others opinions ?? if you was on an open beach would those argumentative types argue with the person as they do on here if they stood nxt to them on that beach ??.agree with above poster leeroychubby

G

·
most people would not slag off or argue if it were face to face in the pub but behind a keyboard after a few beers bravery shows itself along with the ego thing . Im off for a pint and a curry and a peaceful night.only way u will stop it is to use a cautioning procedure , so many strikes for ****ing others off with ignorant or abusive posts means ur gone otherwise like a cancer it can spread. IMHO:icecream:

·
Registered
874 Posts
most people would not slag off or argue if it were face to face in the pub but behind a keyboard after a few beers bravery shows itself along with the ego thing . Im off for a pint and a curry and a peaceful night

Very true. i am now very careful about posting now having been personally insulted on here, like you say this wouldn't happen face to face.

G

·
Its the nature of forums to have spats, like fly on the wall docs, it creates interest. Its real, if a group of passionate anglers met in a pub, you'd hear far worse.

Among the spats, there is often advice, a passion for the sport involves emotion.

I participate in an unmoderated place, which actually grew out of a heavily modded place. It is vibrant informative and a spade is called a spade.

On a post per member basis (670 there, here 73 as of now) it exceeds any other fishing forum , it works, we all learn and remain very firm friends. We have meets, holidays together, get pi$$ed and the craic is amazing.

I'd say leave it, kill moderation and watch it unfold. Without a teacher ruling a classroom, the bullies get sorted, bravado just fizzles if unapprehended.

There arent that many new tips if that what you are looking for, nicey nice isn't news.

If you want hits, and attendance (presumably you are not in this for philanthropic purposes) a spat now and then creates visits and I very much doubt the fallout is significant.

SWF

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
can't see what all the fuss is about,you should come to my work places if you want to see real abuse, lol,but if this forum is closed i won't go to the new one,if this is where this is all heading..:g:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I know everyone has their own opinions and like to share their experience's but this shouldn't start a battle of words when a few members don't agree with each other. Am not just commenting only on this section of the forum. I feel sorry for the members who threads get ruined by slanging matches. This is suppose to be a friendly community of people that have the same interests. If you don't agree with a post can't you just say something like "i find it better this way" or" i do this way" Life's too short to start battles of the mind because you only end up winding yourself up and making it worse. I realise there are a few on here that think they know everything there is to know about fishing, to them i say you don't cause after 40 years of fishing and 17 years of owning angling shops and a charter business am still learning. Come on chaps you like fishing, i like fishing that's why were here.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
can't see what all the fuss is about,you should come to my work places if you want to see real abuse, lol,but if this forum is closed i won't go to the new one,if this is where this is all heading..:g:
Agree totaly Count, have visited the other forum now and then, boooooring:yucky::yucky:

Don't want to argue don't post a reply, then you don't fuel the fire.

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Sack the mods & let the members run the show !!!!
:doh:

Ever thought that mods are members and have been for some time?

Simple answer is that there is long standing ill feeling that has been around for a long time. There are two camps who despise each other. Until such time as they ignore each other or accept that they have different views that they will not agree upon, then this section will always be for handbags at dawn.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
most people would not slag off or argue if it were face to face in the pub but behind a keyboard after a few beers bravery shows itself along with the ego thing . Im off for a pint and a curry and a peaceful night.only way u will stop it is to use a cautioning procedure , so many strikes for ****ing others off with ignorant or abusive posts means ur gone otherwise like a cancer it can spread. IMHO:icecream:
Absolutely spot on mate. I like your suggestion about strikes, there are quite a few who won't last very long. :thumbup:

G

·
I hope it never goes back to how it was, dealers and distributors touting their wears, professorial guides using the forum to drum up business, journalists looking for ideas for their next article.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts