World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed my first Selsey trip this year last night after a couple of blank Pagham trips i felt sure that selsey would produce . Well after about 4 fishless hours another blank was on the cards . Geordie SI had 4 decent bites and only hooked one which managed to spit the hook close in [ he whinged about it all the way home ]. Greg d had 4 or 5 around the 9lb mark , I managed 1 bite all night but did manage to land a nice smutt of 9lb 12 ozs .

Having been given some reds by me old mate fishless frank i thought a change of scene and some nice relaxing fishing would be the order or of the day so off to the upper reaches of the ouse i went . Lots of surface weeed hampered the start of my fishing but that soon cleared ,started off with a light waggler float a size 10 hook with a couple of reds as bait and it was schoolie city one after the other they slammed down the float . Dont know how many i had in the first hour and a half but i would guess it was the upper twenties , all fish were small ranging from 2-12ins but a lot of fun anyway . Swapped over to a small mepps behind a bubble float and span for about an hour , lots more schoolies and one small mullet between 1lband 1lb 8ozs which scrapped really well on the light tackle . Still got reds so maybe Kingston beach tomorrow . FRANK

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,034 Posts
nice report AF..targets acheived and sounds like two enjoyable sessions aswell, happy days

·
Registered
649 Posts
Keep trying Frank,you need all the practice you can get if your going to avoid being thrashed by a Northern Monkey. Again!!

P

·
0 Posts
Managed my first Selsey trip this year last night after a couple of blank Pagham trips i felt sure that selsey would produce . Well after about 4 fishless hours another blank was on the cards . Geordie SI had 4 decent bites and only hooked one which managed to spit the hook close in [ he whinged about it all the way home ]. Greg d had 4 or 5 around the 9lb mark , I managed 1 bite all night but did manage to land a nice smutt of 9lb 12 ozs .

Having been given some reds by me old mate fishless frank i thought a change of scene and some nice relaxing fishing would be the order or of the day so off to the upper reaches of the ouse i went . Lots of surface weeed hampered the start of my fishing but that soon cleared ,started off with a light waggler float a size 10 hook with a couple of reds as bait and it was schoolie city one after the other they slammed down the float . Dont know how many i had in the first hour and a half but i would guess it was the upper twenties , all fish were small ranging from 2-12ins but a lot of fun anyway . Swapped over to a small mepps behind a bubble float and span for about an hour , lots more schoolies and one small mullet between 1lband 1lb 8ozs which scrapped really well on the light tackle . Still got reds so maybe Kingston beach tomorrow . FRANK
you seem to be doing better than your 50 million cod trips..lol:victory:

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

hi gary flounder.s and gg.s down there today

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fished down from Greg and had the other hound mentioned by him 9lb common . After three blanks down there have never been so relieved to land a hound .Thanks for the assistance in the surf:clap3:Hope we are to see them turn up in numbers afore the end of the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts