World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,
Got back from Turkey yesterday, sounds like Monknash is kicking off with the Ray action.
Off work tomorrow, anyone wanna join me for a session down there, Poach / Lunk / Dia and anyone esle for that matter?
JD

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i cant john got jobs to price m8. but thursday would av been better, i wanna try monknash,gotta try an find wer to park thow. we used 2 park in a field in a farm, but that was 20 odd years ago. my memorys goin i,m sure. hope some 1 tells me, so i can find it.. have a good 1 john boy........

C

·
0 Posts
Your right about the field parking opposite the farm.
Where are you coming from Poach, I can sort out the directions.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thankyou pepper, i know the way as if you are going towards wick,and broughton i think its called m8. theres a turning down a country road 2 manknash,where do i go from that turning please. and do the farmer stillmind you parking there, we used to leave him a couple of bob, dont no what he charges now, all info greatly appreciated . thankyou........

C

·
0 Posts
Poach,
Right again, after you have come into Broughton make the right hand turn at the sign for the pub The Plough and Harrow, keep following the small lane till you come to a horse farm on the right, directly opposite is the car park field. The farm, where I work does not own the car park field, there is an honesty box and sign charging cars £1 and bikes 20p. Like I mentioned in an earlier post the field is owned by a multi millionaire who lives in the houses (plural) on the right of the path that leads through the woods to the beach, he owns alot of London too, just some info to make you feel better if you accidentally forget to deposit your pound :D .
What are the tides like for Thursday?
Tight Lines
Chris

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thanks chris, well done m8. tides thursday i believe are, morning, 10.06 am. height 10.9 metre.. night 10.13pm. 10.8 metre. according to easytide. can you fish here low and high water chris, in case i am feeling lazy. and i wont 4get the pound, hee hee........

·
Registered
287 Posts
sorry J D not tomorrow, but could be up for it thurs poacher , if you don't mind me tagging along . what time you getting down there ?

C

·
0 Posts
You can fish low and high. I reccomend that if you fish over high, fish from the wick ledges in the top left corner of the beach (looking from the sea), as they offer a good vantage point and you are not directly below the cliffs, as you would be if you fished off the boulders onto the beach. Also bear in mind once you have commited to fish high tide you will have untill 2 hours before high to get off the beach via the way you came, after that you will be there till 2 hours after high. There is always Wick ladders, though I use them regularly, they have gotten alot worse in the last 5 years or so and can be a little hairy. Hope that helps some.
Tight Lines
Chris

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
cant remember what ground is like is it smooth ground, and can you fish the beach as soon as you come down from path. unless i got my bearings wrong, cant really remember it, i no u said about the ledges. but just tryin 2 think what it was like. thanks chris, poach........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts