World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a brief update, following on from my trip Sunday to the Worlds end.....

Monday, had a short session 1hr either side of high tide down at Barge Pier. Had 2 x school bass on a set Hokkais but was out fished by the local crack head, he managed 4 without reply from myself till I had my couple. (no keepers and no mackeral showed)

Tuesday went back to Tilbury for another crack, didn't fished what is now Known as Miz's corner but went and fished a couple of marks behind the power station. (with some good input from Beno, cheers mate)

It was a definately a case of being in the right place at the wrong time as I didn't get a sniff all day. Went home with the head down and walk of shame home, in to the missus saying " well wheres my fresh bass for dinner" otherwise you need to pay for me to go bingo" so £40 out of pocket but a quiet night in, planning an assault for the next day's fishing.

Wednesday, Went to Proctors but they have decided to build gates and most probably a swipe card access system (thats put paid to parking there again).

Did debate about parking at the church and walking down but it it seem a fair walk and there is so much road works going on, I didn't really know if it was safe enough from the clampers and the like.

So retreated to Grays, did have 2 x small bass around the 1lb mark and 1 x plump flounder at 33cm. No sole showed but I was joined by two others who had a barely keeper sole between them and that was pretty much it but at least the rod tip moved to keep the spirits up!

Where to go tomorrow, unsure at the minute, will decide after I have slept on it.

Getting too use to my work being a bit slow at the minute and having a bit of me time for a change.

Gaz.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hi All,

Just a brief update, following on from my trip Sunday to the Worlds end.....

Monday, had a short session 1hr either side of high tide down at Barge Pier. Had 2 x school bass on a set Hokkais but was out fished by the local crack head, he managed 4 without reply from myself till I had my couple. (no keepers and no mackeral showed)

Tuesday went back to Tilbury for another crack, didn't fished what is now Known as Miz's corner but went and fished a couple of marks behind the power station. (with some good input from Beno, cheers mate)

It was a definately a case of being in the right place at the wrong time as I didn't get a sniff all day. Went home with the head down and walk of shame home, in to the missus saying " well wheres my fresh bass for dinner" otherwise you need to pay for me to go bingo" so £40 out of pocket but a quiet night in, planning an assault for the next day's fishing.

Wednesday, Went to Proctors but they have decided to build gates and most probably a swipe card access system (thats put paid to parking there again).

Did debate about parking at the church and walking down but it it seem a fair walk and there is so much road works going on, I didn't really know if it was safe enough from the clampers and the like.

So retreated to Grays, did have 2 x small bass around the 1lb mark and 1 x plump flounder at 33cm. No sole showed but I was joined by two others who had a barely keeper sole between them and that was pretty much it but at least the rod tip moved to keep the spirits up!

Where to go tomorrow, unsure at the minute, will decide after I have slept on it.

Getting too use to my work being a bit slow at the minute and having a bit of me time for a change.

Gaz.
No problem parking at proctors, park in the nice new parking spaces that have been made for anglers, dog walkers etc. a word of warning though, if you use a trolly the footpath has new rocks to stop motorcycles, there are 3 sets of rocks prob have to lift trolly or unload it. thr rocks are big. i was there wednesday.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Baitman,

Thanks for the heads up, are these spaces within their carpark or close by?

That was my 1st visit there and there was a lot of workman at the entrance gate so didnt enter.

I will do a low water recci and have heard of a couple places to fish but if you have any pointers, please PM me. I would be grateful with any input you provide from your vast knowledge.

I have heard about a warm water overflow pipe which is a good place for bass but I need to find it.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts