World Sea Fishing Forums banner

severn beach report. 10/9

629 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  karlos 
#1 ·
CRAP!

fished 07-11.30 am
baits used: bluey, black lug, squid and rag.

caught nothing but skanking plastic, huge sheets of the stuff, plastic bottles even. not to mention the weed, the venue is shocking never seen so many bins provided yet ignored with crap thrown all over the place. while walking up i found a baited rig left behind on the wall.

few numpties down there, a few codlets caught, few even kept! shocking.....

but thanks to detroit kid and gazmonster for the info they supplied... much appreciated chaps.

#2 ·
i feel sorry for the shocking experience...it makes me sad as well.you want to go out, have some quality time with the sea, the nature and all you find is that some (or most of) the peope just doesnt respect it, doesnt give a sht and fck the whole thing up.
i just had a session on kingston seymour, results the same (except for the rubbish).i caught only weeed and even they werent keepers :D but do not worry, better luck next time!tight lines!

#3 ·
i feel sorry for the shocking experience...it makes me sad as well.you want to go out, have some quality time with the sea, the nature and all you find is that some (or most of) the peope just doesnt respect it, doesnt give a sht and fck the whole thing up.
i just had a session on kingston seymour, results the same (except for the rubbish).i caught only weeed and even they werent keepers :D but do not worry, better luck next time!tight lines!
no worries mate, thats fishing trying new places some are worth a return trip, others perhaps not so much its all learning. shame about the weed mate, as you say 'always next time'.

bring on a trip to a layde with a bay, ha.

cheers mate.

#4 ·
Unlucky true blue, its very hit'n miss at the mo up there. We will sort another meet up soon if your interested. If its gonna be layde bay then a weekday would be better cos of the crowds, but there's other places worth a look. Aust could fish ok and theres plenty of space up there mate so better suited to weekends

#5 ·
CRAP!

the venue is shocking never seen so many bins provided yet ignored with crap thrown all over the place. while walking up i found a baited rig left behind on the wall.

Severn Beach has always been like that at this time of the year.

Well done for trying it out. I find 14mtr tides to big. Try the tides between 11.00 and 12.5 mtrs and walk along the prom towards the bridge or park (if you can find a space) at New Passage and again walk towards the bridge.
I find the further you walk the less hasle and mess there is.

#7 ·
Unlucky true blue, its very hit'n miss at the mo up there. We will sort another meet up soon if your interested. If its gonna be layde bay then a weekday would be better cos of the crowds, but there's other places worth a look. Aust could fish ok and theres plenty of space up there mate so better suited to weekends
alright mate,..

by all means please give me a shout, as you say weekdays suits me to drive down so as and when mate.. Although a busy ladye bay always supplies a few donated weights supplied by 'the numpties'.. ha.

cracking cod by the way!! i will get me one.... :nonono:

cheers dude.

#8 ·
Its such a shame! This happens every year at Severn Beach!
As soon as there is a mention that somebody is catching everybody piles down there and destroys the place, and slaughter loads of undersize fish. Severn beach can fish very well if you know a little on how to fish it. But more often than not it will be sh17. It can be one of the most frustraiting places to fish,
12 years ago You would regulary see fish to 10lbs caught around that area... But that was 12 years ago now its a very,very rare ocurrence.
Best advoided on a weekend!!
As mentioned there are still a few areas up that way that require a little more effort to get too. And fish as well or sometimes better. As long as the fish are infront of you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.