World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
its possible off the wall,but to be honest its abit big there will be alot of tide run & probably surface weed.at the moment its fishing very poor as most of the marks are on the bc but at the end of the day if you dont go then you wont know lol:wacko:

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can fish Severn beach on any size tide, 13.8 is ideal for the sea wall. You only ever need short casts there anyway, just give yourself some room and cast uptide. Plenty of codling about.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You can fish Severn beach on any size tide, 13.8 is ideal for the sea wall. You only ever need short casts there anyway, just give yourself some room and cast uptide. Plenty of codling about.
hi squidword,theres plenty of codling about is there, funny that as i fish regular & have yet to land my first one of the season. this time last year i had quite a few all the reports i have read recently indicate the bc is fishing very poorly unless its suddenly picked up lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
hi squidword,theres plenty of codling about is there, funny that as i fish regular & have yet to land my first one of the season. this time last year i had quite a few all the reports i have read recently indicate the bc is fishing very poorly unless its suddenly picked up lol:eek:hmy:
Thats funny because all my fishing reports(and my contacts) i have been reading are of multiple catches of codling. Everytime i read your negativity about the Channel it makes me feel like i have to write something but stop myself up to now that is! There are fish out there to be had just do some research and know your marks!!!! For me the Channel is fishing no different than last year, just the fish are a bit bigger thats all. Had a dangle for a couple hours the other day, only managed the one though 9lb but it was a very short session and i missed the best bit of the tide. But of course it must of been a dream because there are no cod :whistling. The good anglers who catch fish mainly don;t post catch reports on open forums only people who want to moan about blanking. Maybe you should try using some bait:thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have to agree with squidword.
when you post on here or another
channel forum its allways doom and gloom.
i have had a few from berrow/brean beach.
and sure i will have quite a few more before
the winter is over.
you wont catch any cod sat behind a keyboard

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
squidword,bc fisher,if you think theres plenty of cod/codling in the bc then crack on fellas lmfao:bye1:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I can only tell you what a long liner has told me, the fish ain't there in quantity, this time last year he was getting 100lb of Cod with a few Bass and his mate was getting the same each trip. This year he only had three small Cod on the lines, he just ain't bothering at the moment. This time last year they were catching 5 or 6 a trip from the Severn Beach area, this year the occasional large Cod with a smattering of 2 to 3lbers, the same on the Welsh side.
Not disputing what you are saying, but everyone draws conclusions from what they see and hear. And Congerman has a wealth of Channel experience.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Litsten chaps, the channel is a large area and just because the fish are not in one area doesn't mean the fish are not somewhere else. I don't wannt to say to much because its not me fishing that area but the fish are there and being caught. I don't want to say where or what i have caught but the fishing is the same as last year and the fish are not always there but when they have come through they have been of good size 5-12lb. There is a quote in the sea angling news "3-5 fish bags made up of 4-12lb fish"and i don't dispute this. Everytime i go out i am more excited than any other year because each time the rod tip goes over who nows how big its going to be? If congerman has got a wealth of experience he is not using it very well is he? Everytime he says how bad the channel is i will continue to smile, anyway enough of this nonsense i am out to bag me some more cod. Oh and if that longliner was taking that much fish then he has pobably taken a whole generation of fish no wonder hes getting fek all fish this year lol.

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
In congermans defence he fished the upper channel posset to Walton Bay Area as he limited to transport.

I've spoken to several dam good anglers and they have said its patchy, even mid channel is patchy. Devon waters may be producing more fish than mid to top end of channel.

If congerman says its crap then il take his word that its crap. Considering he out 3-4 a week

Or are u just crap si

Si perhaps if you cast right handed instead of a cack hand limp wristed angler u might catch more cod, lmao.

·
Registered
6 Posts
as squidword has said.just caus one beach is slow
dosent mean the whole channel is the same.
i myself tend to stick to3-4 venues during the winter.
i get out 2-3 times a week.and lookng at a comparison
from last winter i am 7 cod behind this year from last.
at this time.but they are a bigger stamp of fish.
do ur homework.tides.rigs.bait etc.
the fish are there if your prepared to put the time in.
SIMPLES

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ive just spoken to a local tackle dealer & even he said how carp the bc is fishing,bait sales are well down on this time last year this to me speaks volumes,im not saying theres no cod at all but compared to this time last year its rubbish imho or as pp says maybe its just me:whistling

·
Registered
286 Posts
They have shown allready but typical Channel there 1 tide gone the next. Its following the same pattern as last year, well for me anyway. Had most of my fish Dec/Jan last year. Good luck Santiago, you could bag yourself a real lump (or 1 of 2 of the fresh run 2lbers up Channel:bye1:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.