World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hiya ben, it all depends on what ground you are going to be fishing and what reel it is mate.

I tend to go for daiwa sensor for rough ground 18-20lb and daiwa tournament 15lb for clean ground.

regards andy

·
Registered
687 Posts
50lb braid strait through no need for shock leader get 1000m on eBay for £20 last 2 years never had a crack off only ever lose it at the hook if I get snagged up :) casts like a dream bite detection is second to non. Birdys just pull out with ease never struggled to untangle. Try it u will be amazed loads of people doing it now just people to afraid to try it that's all

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had braid on 2 of my old 6500's they both got used for 1 sesh and it got stripped and binned. Constant wind knots when casting, cutting me thumb when reeling in and loads of bit's of it all over the rings of me rod. Braid is good on a fixed spool, I wouldn't advise it on a multi.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Must have been using the wrong type of braid cuz I've never had a problem on my slosh 30 never cut my thum. Still much to there own everyone prefers there own thing and just wish people would try it cuz best thing I have done and doesn't seem many people doing it. I get
100% Dyneema Spectra Braid Fishing Line 1000M Multi coloured £20 from china takes 2 week to come.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.