World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all long time no speak,
Went down the sewer last night bout 100 yeards to the left (white wall side), all this talk of codling being taken down there, thought i'd give it a go.
Fished with my mate from about 1.30 up / 2.30 down, two other fishermen down there and a number of tilley's spread out all across the beach.
Had a good selection of baits lug / rag / baby squid and few frozen crabs.
Had nothing for the first hour, then had good bite on my rod which resulted in a snag and snap off! Was a bit gutted with the what if's, but dusted myself off and carried on.
Bout an half an hour after high with a strong rip in the tide, noticed my rod bouncing out of sink with drag of the tide. Struck and began to reel in, the weight was quite heavy but no fight so thought it's prob weed, eventually got it in and to my delight, had a 2 1/2lb bass with about 3lb of weed round his head!!!
To top it off i'd dragged my lost trace in aswell and had a codling of 1lb on that.
That pirked both of us up for a while but no joy for the rest of the session.
Just goes to show you never know what your gunna get!!
Nice to have news to report.
JD

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well done John,

Nice to have you back.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
J.D. they say that there is nothing like skill, & thats what that sounded like to me, nothing like skill, to snag your first trace with your second is jammy enough, but to snag your first trace (still loaded) with your second trace (also loaded) must be nigh on a miracle, of course both went back to ease your guilty conscience? I fished yesterday & today not a bladder, & you get two fish on a single cast, I reckon that earns you a yellow card!
blueskip

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers blueskip,
Yep don't think i'll get that jammy in a long time, otherwise i'll be sending myself off!
Both went back to live another day, however when the bass flipped up and stabbed me with his fin, it could have been the pot for him!
lets just hope the next session is as lucky.
JD

·
Registered
129 Posts
May seem a stupid question but when you say the sewer, are you refering to the Ranny???

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well done john, but we had ours half hour b4 high and up 2 an hour after. after that u can 4get it. did u find that m8.. always the same wen we go, apart from 1 or 2 weenie noks,,

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
its in penarth m8, near cardiff. as u r in england i wont go through all the directions, unless u say u want them,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bit of a delayed reaction sorry poacher, been in west wales (broad haven) for valentines, do'in my bit!!
weather was awful though so didn't get chance to throw a line in.
In answer to your question yes i did find the bites we're a similar time, think the rip in the tide is at it's strongest, so may be churning any avaliable food of the bottom, hence the fish are feeding.
Gunna give it a go again tonight, my mate found three 2- 3 lb codling on snapped off traces Monday after a morning session, one was still alive so he sent him back to live another day.
tight lines matey.
JD

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Christ i gotta get my driving license so i can go to these places,,

Unless anyone from the porthcawl area wants a hitchhiker to accompany him to any of these places,,, ;)

Ive only been fishing 6 months or so(dont get me wrong im quite competant) :p

Due to extreme lazyness,,i havent bothered passing my driving test,.I'd like to catch a bass,or a codling.. :eek: :eek:

Porthcawl is all whiting,whiting,Odd doggy odd pouting,,(well thats all ive caught anyhoo).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts